Any 3.31 cars in the low-mid 11's?

v8stang

Established Member
My goal is to have a 120 car in the mid to sub 11's with boltons. Been seeing several of you in the 11.20's and 11.40's but with 3.73's and boss intake.
Anyone besides AED running stock intake? I recall shaun was on 3.55s

My mods are in sig, and I will be switching over to e85 with AED tune in the next few weeks. Will be ordering some suspension as well. I rather not have to go 3.73s/3.90s with Boss IM and have to rev the piss out of it.

Lastly, if going to 3.55s, would I have to switch to a 28" as well? An rpm calculator puts me at, i believe, about 6800 rpm crossing the line with my current 26s

01bluesnake

Established Member
I'm still a 3.31 car, and was a stock manifold car (was ported but also lost power on the dyno over stock). The best I got was an 11.6 @2000 feet DA, which corrected to an 11.4 For power mods it had a 93 tune, cat deletes, and gt500 mufflers, so not a heavy bolt on car by far. With headers, a Cai, and less restricted mufflers I don't think low 11's would of been out of reach at all. The car is a premium, so heavier than a base but has some weight mods to bring it down closer to a base car weight. Other than that it was on a not so lightweight track wheel set with slicks.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
11.8@118 on motar'
11.5@126 on spray.

Loved the 3.31 gear and wouldn't have changed it.

01bluesnake

Established Member
01bluesnake, who did your tune? Youve got a tenth on me and 1.5mph at the same DA with the same mods.

I tune my own car, but have been thinking about going AED just cause how time limited I am trying to rent a dyno for tuning or logging and adjusting mods when they go on. Sometimes I wish I could just tell someone what I did and have a new tune waiting to go in lol.

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
there lies that mph that i'm lacking. props to you for pulling good numbers with the minimal mods. what, if any, do you feel is left on the table tune-wise from your current setup?

01bluesnake

Established Member
I may of been able to pull a little more power out of it with vct tweaking from the ported manifold, but not much. I've changed to a CJ manifold now and different mufflers with gt500 axle pipes, so will be dialing in a new setup.

Users who are viewing this thread