*any 2V P1SC owners making 500+hp*

chip6990

Established Member
as the title says, just curious if any 2V owners using a P1 and making 500+hp. if so please list supporting mods.

i am about to buy a MMR stroker 950 shortblock, CR should check in at 9.1,

i have
Comp Cams XE268 cams, bullitt intake and headers and a P1

what you think

The Red Monster

COP SWAP harness guy
Established Member
What kind of boost are you looking to run. im thinking with a built fuel system you could push around 18psi and be in the 500's...

randoo

Established Member
My engine builder told me he built one that did 550 - 570,cant remember exactly,rwhp. I don't remember all the details but I can call him monday morning and get them. He did say "lots of head work". If it helps you any I can find out. Let me know.

The Red Monster

COP SWAP harness guy
Established Member
Head work with a blower is a plus for sure. along with some stage 2 cams you can gain around 50hp in just head and valvetrain work alone.

chip6990

Established Member
the heads will be ported, but the P1 i have always heard usully dies out at bout 14-16#'s. thats the reason i went with the MMR 302 Stroker, for added CI and to help the lil 2V and P1 combo. i have the fuel to last to 550-600hp, so i am not worried there. i wanted to keep the CR up so i didnt have to run as much boost. but my main focus is on the P1 combos, not D1. cause i dont plan to upgrade anytime soon. what the stroked P1 dont make...i will spray the rest

randoo

Established Member
the heads will be ported, but the P1 i have always heard usully dies out at bout 14-16#'s. thats the reason i went with the MMR 302 Stroker, for added CI and to help the lil 2V and P1 combo. i have the fuel to last to 550-600hp, so i am not worried there. i wanted to keep the CR up so i didnt have to run as much boost. but my main focus is on the P1 combos, not D1. cause i dont plan to upgrade anytime soon. what the stroked P1 dont make...i will spray the rest

Sounds like you're heading in the right direction!

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
on 16lbs with ported heads, cams, and stroker; you should be seeing close to 600whp. If you could find a nice aftermarket intake it will make over 600...

*edit* oh i see you have the bullitt intake also. You should be good to go

Last edited:

chip6990

Established Member
i had a friend make 630+ on a SHM stroked 302, Patriot stage 3 heads, custom Snyder 574 lift cams, P-51 intake and a D1 on 12#'s.

this is why i am concerned what the P1 can do

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
You should make well over 500. I'm putting around 520rwhp on a mustang dyno with stock heads, S-trim at 14, with comp cams 270AH, and full exhaust. Stock cubes as well.

TClark22

Established Member
the p1sc is good for around 14psi...it really doesnt make much more power after that...

and yea i think with a p1sc, built motor, and the most head work possible, it might be over 500...

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
In addition to the above AMF powerpipe, 75mm throttle body, plenum, aftercooler, longtubes, and a damn good tune.

chip6990

Established Member
bout the only thing i dont have right now is ported heads and a built bottom end. both are on the way though. i am gonna shoot for 14#'s and let it fly. if i decide to do away w/the P1......i would do a twin kit

Users who are viewing this thread