Any 05-07 Stangs bottlefed yet?

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
Has anybody here put their 05-07 GT mustang on nitrous yet? Any problems or things to watch for? How are the heads, cylinders, pistons and rods holding up?

Just thinking about doing mine and want some opinions before doing it.

freebass55

Established Member
There are a bunch who swear by nitrous. I'm going to do this way before I think of s/c it.

From what I have read, a 75 shot is safe. Anything over needs a custom tune.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Typically the motor is considered "good" for 460 whp. With everything else stock except the tune that's a 150 shot.

If I were doing nitrous, first thing would be to get a good CAI, and open up the exhaust. Then get teh Steeda CMCV plates with the nitrous bosses, and set it up it a direct shot wet system. Much safer.

Get colder plugs and a dyno tune.

I'm thinking that you should be in the 300whp w/o and 450 whp w spray.

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
You can't spray over 100 without some kind of upgrade to the fuel pump. Kenne Bell boost-a-pump works I've heard. I'm spraying the 100 right now and it's great.

BLACK197

Established Member
im spraying 175 with airaid intake headers and tune with stock fuel pump and no problems at all
100_0019.gif
100_0020.gif

06GTwJUICE

Established Member
I'm in the process of installing my NX 3v plate system and plan on spraying 100shot but having a tune for it just to make sure everything is good.

BLACK197

Established Member
ran my line under the car there is a plastic cover that you can run your line through so it is a very clean install but next time i would recommend not getting the zex i would buy the nx or nitrous express system i had to drill out the holes in the valve body to make it a true 175 shot:fm:

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
BLACK197 said:
ran my line under the car there is a plastic cover that you can run your line through so it is a very clean install but next time i would recommend not getting the zex i would buy the nx or nitrous express system i had to drill out the holes in the valve body to make it a true 175 shot:fm:

Why NX over Zex?

Last edited:

BLACK197

Established Member
nos

nx gives you better hit and numbers at least in the seat of the pants dyno and the zex is ok but after dynoing it each time to get it up to 175 shot and pulling timing slowly . there jet sizes that they recommended never hit there numbers off by maybe 35 horse or so i had to drill out the solenoid to get the 175 shot because the Orifice is to small. dont get me wrong it is a ok system but the others are just that much better. im getting a new short block now from dss or mmr and im going to go with direct port 300 shot from shawn hyland motorsport a friend has it and it hits so hard it ******* really scary. i guess the best thing about nos i have a fill station and any welding shop can sell anyone nos (non medical grade) for about 130bucks and you can fill your bottle about 25 times so its cheap!!!!:pepper:
100_0020.gif

Last edited:

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
BLACK197 said:
nx gives you better hit and numbers at least in the seat of the pants dyno and the zex is ok but after dynoing it each time to get it up to 175 shot and pulling timing slowly . there jet sizes that they recommended never hit there numbers off by maybe 35 horse or so i had to drill out the solenoid to get the 175 shot because the Orifice is to small. dont get me wrong it is a ok system but the others are just that much better. im getting a new short block now from dss or mmr and im going to go with direct port 300 shot from shawn hyland motorsport a friend has it and it hits so hard it ******* really scary. i guess the best thing about nos i have a fill station and any welding shop can sell anyone nos (non medical grade) for about 130bucks and you can fill your bottle about 25 times so its cheap!!!!:pepper: [/SIZE]
100_0020.gif

I have heard rumors that the 4.6 L 3V cannot hold up to too much NO2 use. What exactly does that mean in terms of how often or how many times before something decides to give?

BLACK197

Established Member
nos

stock block you cant push that much the rods cant take the sudden hit of nos but you can get a progressive control or a really good tuner as i did jeff from crt performance in norwalk ohio is my tuner and i ran about 35 bottles with 175 shot and never had a problem i just want more now.

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
I'm going with Precision Autosports between Dayton and Cincinnati. I beleieve in my conversation with them they mentioned the progressive control aspect.

I am curious.....so its the sudden intro of NOS into the fuel/air stream that causes the parts to go south...but if the NOS is "trickled" from a low to progressively higher volume rate then as the progression of the NOS rate increases that the engines timing is pulled so as to decrease certain aspects of combustions so the parts don't reach those tolerances???

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread