Any 03's with 2000 R hood?

snakeeyes99

SVT Poster
Established Member
I wanted to see some pics. I am currently working on my 99 and putting together a custom look for it. Just wanted to see the 03 front with the 00r hood and see how they look togehter.

And all you 03 owners who are upset at such a notion -please save me the speech about why anyone would do that to the 03 when the 03 hood is awesome. I agree your stock hood is great. Just wanted to clear that up.

thanks

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I don't know for sure, but I heard from a few people that you might have a fitment problem near the front. I heard that some hoods will have a bigger gap on the front on certain mustangs. Anyone else know what I am talking about? I am not sure if it even applies to the 00R hood. So if I am wrong, just forget everything I just said.:thumbsup: But anyway, I saw a 99 mustang with the 01 cobra front bumper and an 00R hood and it looked very good. Even though I am not into doing stuff like that, I have to admit it looked very mean.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
I don't know for sure, but I heard from a few people that you might have a fitment problem near the front. I heard that some hoods will have a bigger gap on the front on certain mustangs. Anyone else know what I am talking about? I am not sure if it even applies to the 00R hood. So if I am wrong, just forget everything I just said.:thumbsup: But anyway, I saw a 99 mustang with the 01 cobra front bumper and an 00R hood and it looked very good. Even though I am not into doing stuff like that, I have to admit it looked very mean.

Last I heard, a stock R hood will not mate to the 03 front bumper, the offsets are different.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by VintagePorscheG
That would be stupid.

Why?

He kindly asked for you to save him the ignorant speeches. I assume that also meant he would rather you spare him any close-mided one-liners.

Again I ask....Why?

snakeeyes99

SVT Poster
Established Member
Well the 03 front bumper does mate to any 99-up hood. I have my stock 99 cobra hood and it works with the 03 front bumper. I'm currently looking to add the 00R hood to it. I didn't want to make a 03 clone. I just wanted to see if any of you have done it before I make the commitment to buy.

And Mr. Stupid, i suggest you go back to school so you can learn to read my first line that I wrote in this post:read:

Users who are viewing this thread