Any ‘15 and up Ford Edge Sport Owners?

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone on here own a Ford Edge Sport? What issues, if any have you had and do you plan to install an oil catch can system on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought Cobrabob had one, but wasn’t sure. I will pm him. Thanks.

Smm7PT

Established Member
Wife has one, it’s a great vehicle, it’s CPO so no we won’t put a catch can on it. It won’t last more than 3-4 years, before she trades it, or I make her trade it on the new Bronco.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

floodstang

Established Member
Don't own one but I work in the service department of a Ford dealer. Never really see any in for service other than maintenance. I did drive a few and thought they rode nice and were pretty quick.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I bought my daughter one, she had it for a few years & loved it.
Plenty of room for girl stuff, does good when the roads are bad, zero maintenance issues. None. Tires & oil changes is all we did to it for over 100k miles.
My dealer called it "the Taurus of SUV's".
I'd not hesitate to have another one!

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Wife has a 16 edge sport and I have a 17 fusion sport. Love them. No issues at all on the edge and it's pretty quick.

No plans to do anything to it.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Wife has a 16 edge sport and I have a 17 fusion sport. Love them. No issues at all on the edge and it's pretty quick.

No plans to do anything to it.

They are quick for sure!

einehund

Established Member
Are the Edge Sports direct injection? I only ask because my wife's Focus ST with it's ecoboost is direct injection. After pulling off the intake manifold at 20k miles, I bought an oil catch can the next day. The back of the valves looks like black playdoh was smeared on them because of the PCV system letting oil in the intake without the port injection fuel cleaning them off.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I'm on the fence between this and an F150 (5.0 probably) for my next vehicle. Glad to hear they're reliable. I need to tow a SxS and 2 place snowmobile trailer. So both should be able to do that pretty easily. Not sure what to get yet....

I keep my cars a long time so I'm leaning towards the 150 thinking it will be more reliable and easier to maintain in the long run. But like the interior of the Sport and lower cost better.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, the Sport is direct injection. I don't know if anyone makes a hitch for the Sport model, but the 2.7 Ecoboost is the same engine used in the F150. It's a great engine so far in my mind. My buddy just bought a F150 last weekend with the 2.7 Exoboost in it and he loves it.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
2015 Sport here. Actually our second one. First one was recalled and had it bought back by Ford due to body sealing mold issues. The one now has a leaking lower oil pan(plastic crap). Everything else has been solid on it.

Once we get the oil pan replaced I will grab the LMS tune for it and see how good it really is.

AAG

Established Member
This was #1 on my list for wifey's next vehicle...until we sat in it. I couldn't get a comfortable seating position and we both hated how long the dash and hood felt. Damn shame because it was very roomy and had plenty of cargo space.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
This was #1 on my list for wifey's next vehicle...until we sat in it. I couldn't get a comfortable seating position and we both hated how long the dash and hood felt. Damn shame because it was very roomy and had plenty of cargo space.

So what's #2 and/or #3 ?

Users who are viewing this thread