Antifreeze in your intercooler?

Steve@Tasca

Might be a bit late for this post but I hope all you guys down South have antifreeze in your intercooler systems right now.

Last time we had an unusual cold snap like this into the deep South I heard from a number of guys with cracked intercoolers.

You don't want to be this guy.

DUCKY.jpg

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
Good point. Its 9 degrees in middle tn this morning. Several people called out with overheating issues.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Not to sound like a complete moron but how would you know for sure? My 'overflow' tank fluid for both the S/C and radiator is orange. I had assumed it had it in there already

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
Most people do. But you have a select few that run water and a mixture of water and water wetter. Which is fine if the temp at your house doesn't go below 60 degrees.fl.ga. ext...

Steve@Tasca

Not to sound like a complete moron but how would you know for sure? My 'overflow' tank fluid for both the S/C and radiator is orange. I had assumed it had it in there already

You should be good, most people that don't run coolant in their intercooler already know it but may not realize the risk of what a hard freeze can do.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
For now, I'm perfectly content with my car not being boosted. Plus it seems that everyone and their mother is getting blowers nowadays, so N/A cars are a dying breed. :p

When "everyone and their mother" are doing something, there is usually a good reason ;)

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
For now, I'm perfectly content with my car not being boosted. Plus it seems that everyone and their mother is getting blowers nowadays, so N/A cars are a dying breed. :p

You are missing out lol. There will be a time where turbos and blowers won't work anymore. Electric motors can't be force fed air lolol. Get on the bandwaggon now before its to late.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
When "everyone and their mother" are doing something, there is usually a good reason ;)

You are missing out lol. There will be a time where turbos and blowers won't work anymore. Electric motors can't be force fed air lolol. Get on the bandwaggon now before its to late.

Loan my $6500 and convince my fiance that money is better spent on a supercharger than to save up for a house, and I'll join the bandwagon. :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread