Anti-virus help!

Venomized281

Established Member
Yeah, so I installed Zone Alarm Security Suite and it slowed my computer down dramatically. My CPU usage went up to 100%. Do I have to turn something off or what in order for it to not slow everything down? Are there any other AV/Spyware programs that are just as useful?

Thanks

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
i have been connected to highspeed internet for 7 years, with no antivirus or spyware or anything....if you set your internet settings right....you dont need that crap. i never get pop ups, i never get a virus....seems the only people that need protection are the ones using these products.

keystone

Established Member
i have been connected to highspeed internet for 7 years, with no antivirus or spyware or anything....if you set your internet settings right....you dont need that crap. i never get pop ups, i never get a virus....seems the only people that need protection are the ones using these products.

+1 I never got anything either...I always erase antivirus programs off my machines when I first buy them!
They seem to do nothing but give false alarms and slow your system and startup times down drastically!

Venomized281

Established Member
Well, two say they have nothing, so I guess that's what I'll do in the meantime and change my internet settings. What do you guys recommend setting 'em at? And yes, they slow it down pretty bad.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
from the factory, everything is set moderatley....just go through all of them and elevate them to what u are comfortable with. mine are all set to the 2nd to the highest level.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
im running Avast, and AVG(Both free). niether of them seem to slow my comp start up nearly as bad as Norton used to.. They have both picked up virus's, and im happy with that.

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
What most virus software program do is try to run in the background and want to scan everything you do which causes slow down. Shut down the processes using task manager for them and just have them run at night. You can run msconfig.exe and so to keep them from starting up when the computer is rebooted as well.

Users who are viewing this thread