ant problem...

Mudd92

03 AB Mach
Established Member
Folks I need some advice hah. I bought a car cover for my car about the 1st month I bought it since it has to stay outside 24/7. Well I have had to quit using it over the last few months. EVERY time I put it on, ants get all over it (the little ones?), on it, under the cover. And they were actully putting little holes in some spots. So I quit using it because I hated to my 300$ be destoryed... I really want to use it because where I live I cant have any kind of car port or anything, it has to be hard built on the property and theres all kinds of rules and stuff and I cant afford to do that.

And I really want to use it because im trying to prevent any sun fade on the car, the tree sap that falls on it, the bird crap that falls on it every night. Thank god I keep it waxed well and wash it once a week and its still in great shape no damage.

But what can I do to get rid of the ants? It doesnt matter if i park in the dirt, or the driveway (which I am stuck in the dirt) but there arent any ant beds around the car.

LightningLou

Established Member
Maybe spray your cover with ant killer or something. Or possibly set ant traps near the tires which has to be where they are climbing up from. Sounds strange...

johnny--2k

Daily Grind...
Established Member
also wash the cover....if ants are in the cover, hiding out, you need to eliminate that source as well. Otherwise, like stated above throw traps by the tires as well.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
do not spray bug killer on the car cover, that shit could get on your paint and eat through the clear coat for all you know, find a way to directly kill the aunts and wash the car cover, it may have something on it from the factory that is attracting them

Mudd92

03 AB Mach
Established Member
yeah im not gonna spray anything on the cover lol. Im in the process of washing it now like the manufac. said. Just got the car washed, so when its all done and dryed ill throw it on and see how it looks in the AM. IF that doesnt work, im gonna do like the guy above said and put posion around the tires.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
try some ortho ant killer from homedepot/lowes, its in a red bag. spread it around the area.

93 svt

03 ROUSH stage 3
Established Member
Call Obama and see what he says to do since he knows everything! No im kidding but either bait for the ants or put a good residual pesticide around your vehicle. there has to be something on your car cover they want....sap from trees maybe? FYI home depot stuff sucks. go to a pest and weed store

Users who are viewing this thread