Another wrecked 93' cobra

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Yeah, the car sold at the Temple salvage pool a couple weeks ago for $2900 plus sale fees (about $3150 total)

The car was very rough, most likely 180k miles. It had a cowl hood and Stalker nose. The car is not fixable. The right strut tower is shoved over a foot and back another 6 inches. The roof is wrinkled and the qtr panels are shoved over from being hit in the pass. rear. The front frame rail was moved so far that it snapped the alternator and smog bracket off the head which inturn broke the lower intake. The interior was a mix of grey cloth seats, black carpet, and some interior panels sprayed black.

The rear spoiler has stress cracks, the right front ground effect piece is warped and ripped, the back bumper is trashed and one tailight is broken. Basically all that is useable if the driver side ground effects, passengers side piece under door, and one taillight. The motor is questionable since it has been sitting with the hood off and has been rained in. The transimission, wheels and rearend looked o.k. but who knows until they are removed and tested.

I did bid on the car. I had the auction won at $1200 until the current owner started bidding. I needed the car to finish up a black stripper I bought last summer. This guy seemed to want it really bad so I had to make him pay for it. The car should have been bought for no more than $2k tops.

Production date was 2/93... I wrote the vin down and took pics to submit it to the registry but it was already done

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Oh... not that it matters...but the buyer was registered under "Rivercity Whips" I have never seen the guy before and he ran me up on a 97 Cobra coupe that use to belong to my neighbor.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
I started the bid at 1000 and it sat there til the auctioneer said he real money and then you (cobr186) and the buyer ran it up to 2900 real fast? (1200)?

svtdriven

Established Member
that car is only worth about 1000-1200, if it had the parts you needed on it. I hope the guy who paid 3k for it is a good sport about taking a loss on it. I'll watch the auction to see what happens though,

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
cobr96 said:
I started the bid at 1000 and it sat there til the auctioneer said he real money and then you (cobr186) and the buyer ran it up to 2900 real fast? (1200)?

I was wondering where you were on auction day.... figured you must've missed the auction. I thought I was going to be able to buy the car for a reasonable price until the buyer got in on the bidding.

The bidding started at a grand, then a dealer from Dallas bid $1100, I bid $1200 then it sat for about 30-45 seconds with no bids until the other guy jumped in. We just stood about 2 feet from each other and ran the bids up to $2900 quickly then I just bailed and walked away.

I had several dealers and the auction owner ask me: WHY the hell did that black mustang bring so much money?

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
svtdriven said:
that car is only worth about 1000-1200, if it had the parts you needed on it. I hope the guy who paid 3k for it is a good sport about taking a loss on it. I'll watch the auction to see what happens though,

I figured it had:
rear spoiler $250
ground effect pieces $500
wheels $400-500
rearend assy $500-600
GT40 Heads/rockers $400
Upper intake $150
Alum. Driveshaft $100
BBK Upper & Lower C/A $100
T5 trans $500
tail light $75
Flowmaster Catback & Hpipe $150
Front rotors $50pr
Front "Cobra" Seat $150-200

Totals $3325-3575 not including smaller items such as the ECM, MAF, T/B, Cobra V/Covers, Wire harness, shortblock, drivers door, lots of misc pieces.

The owner can still make some money it will just take time and lots of ebay parts auctions

93Bigdog

White--Lightning
Established Member
93 cobra

One sold last month a bacp for 1900 in way better shape.would post pic but can figure out how,

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
cobra186 said:
I figured it had:
rear spoiler $250
wheels $400-500
rearend assy $500-600
GT40 Heads/rockers $400
Upper intake $150
Alum. Driveshaft $100
T5 trans $500
tail light $75
Front rotors $50pr

Totals $3325-3575 not including smaller items such as the ECM, MAF, T/B, Cobra V/Covers, Wire harness, shortblock, drivers door, lots of misc pieces.

The owner can still make some money it will just take time and lots of ebay parts auctions

I agree with this. IMO, the car was worth $3k.

scootro

Established Member
ya i've been looking for a donor parts car for my 88' t-top. That's if i don't find a 64' fairlane first then i'm selling the t-top. The most i'd give for that wrecked cobra would be 1,500 to 1,700 dollar range. Its sad to see such a early (i noticed the intake, too..) build numbered cobra go to waste!!

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
93Bigdog said:
One sold last month a bacp for 1900 in way better shape.would post pic but can figure out how,

BCAP (Bayou City) ??? If so I missed that one. I don't always remember to check that sale list though. :cryying:

93Bigdog

White--Lightning
Established Member
93 cobra

yup Bcap,It was listed as 93 gt I had 1850 on line bid (hoping :D to get good deal ) and went for 1900, black on black ,stock, ( i should have bid more:bash: ) If some will tell me how I will post pic`s of it

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
To post a pic you will have to link it from somewhere else on line ....such as photobucket, etc etc

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
I couldnt make it to the auction in Temple and was bidding over the phone w/ Bill from hwy 6 parts. You must not haxe looked real close at it, it had some old rusty catback that broke in half in the wreck, and the right side rail damaged the MAF, TB, valve cover and possiblly the rockers? Yeah I missed the BCAP one also. Also I expect the one Ebay to go around 4000.

Last edited:

svtdriven

Established Member
cobra186 said:
I figured it had:
rear spoiler $250
wheels $400-500
rearend assy $500-600
GT40 Heads/rockers $400
Upper intake $150
Alum. Driveshaft $100
T5 trans $500
tail light $75
Front rotors $50pr

Oh I'm not doubting that there's 3k worth of parts on the car. Its just a lot of work and no real profit. Not worth 3k unless it had some parts you were looking for. I haven't seen the car in person.
I don't think you'd get 250 for a cracked rear spoiler
that seat looks worn out too
the right side ground effects are questionable
the right wheels look messed up, and even if they aren't bent, they need to be refinished.
good luck selling the upper intake by itself for 150
there is a good chance the right front rotor assembly is bent

I figure the parts you listed are worth 2500 on ebay on a good day. You are right though, there are a lot more salvagable parts on it, but the time and cost of pulling that car apart, taking pictures and listing them, selling them, and packaging and shipping the parts to make a few hundred bucks really isn't worth it.

I'm not trying to argue with you, I am just skeptical after having parted out 3 cars in attempt to either get the parts I wanted and break even or to try and make a few dollars on the whole deal. 3k is too much unless you "gotta have" a 93 cobra parts car.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I agree with that too, but you'll have to agree it's "worth" more than the $1000-1200 that you mentioned earlier?

Users who are viewing this thread