Another whats my car worth thread

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
sorry for another one of these threads but im tossing up the idea of selling my car and id rather get a real perspective of what it might be worth.

the car is a 2004 comp orange coupe, 5,250 miles. 18in afs reps, h&r race springs, 2.8lc kb mammoth supercharger with all supporting mods, fore return style fuel system, spec stage 3+ clutch, upgraded heat exchanger.

all mods have about 230 miles on them. car dynoed at 650 rwhp.

just curious of everyones opinion. thanks all

bigmoose

Established Member
I'd say around 30k if its in excellent shape. The only hard part is no bank will loan out that amount, so that weeds out a lot of people who can only finance.

BladeX10

Established Member
You basically have the holy grail of a Terminator. A super low mileage 04 CO coupe with an upgraded blower. Definitely wouldnt take less than $30k.

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
wow, i figured itd be more in the 35-38 range seeing how other low milaged cars go for with less mods. at this rate ill just keep the car lol. i dont owe any loans on it, i figured id put the money towards a zr1 which i was originally gonna buy. the funny thing is, the reason i picked this over the zr1 was simply the sound. i looove the way these cars sound.

as for pics give me a couple days, the cars getting its finishing touches with the fuel system and tune. hopefully i can grab some dyno vids for you guys

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
In my opinion mods don't add much value to a car. You have some nice mods but personally (and this is my opinion again)
I would pay more for your car if it was bone stock with that low of miles. I think 30k is about right.

If I was looking for a low mileage bone stock CO, I would pay upwards of 31k or 32k for one with 5k miles on it.

However everyone's opinion varies and if you are not happy with it being that low than I would just keep it until the value of these cars go up one day.

Zemedici

Established Member
wouldn't take less than 30k for it if it were mine. And that's with the stock blower or the KB.

I'd personally sell the KB and then sell the car. That way you'd make out a lot better $$$ wise

Noreast

Established Member
A few super low mile CO just sold for low 30s but they were all pretty much stock and untouched besides a few little bolt ons. Imo thats what most people look for in a car with that low of miles. Not everyone of course.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
35 -38 is a pipe dream...these cars barely cost that much new. Gotta remember, this is a 13 year old car now

You have two things going for you:
1. Unicorn Comp orange
2. Low miles

I think 30 is a realistic number given the mods

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
Thanks guys. Again was looking for a realistic numbers. For the amount of money i put into it looks like ill be keeping it and driving the sh*t outta it. Lol. The zr1 will have to wait another 2-3 years Oh well

VA-Mach1

Established Member
A (what is worth) thread is better than a (how should I sell it) thread LOL.

jpk

Established Member
Your mods are not worth anything, they hurt the value. The cars that sell at a premium are original, unmodified examples in great condition. The collector market puts a premium on umolested cars because of both the scarcity and the desire to experience the original car. Anyone can modify a car to their personal taste, but it is unlikely to be the exact modification someone else would want to pay for.

Do you really think a rare late model Cobra like a '00 Cobra R or '93 SVT Cobra is worth more if it has been modified? Of course not, the pristine examples are worth the most. Same for a '03-'04.

Enjoy the car if you like how you have modified it.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You rarely ever get all your money back unfortunately. While most really think having the "right" color adds to the value, I disagree. It's personal preference, and comp orange isn't on the top 3 of my favorite colors.

Op, I'm sure you feel your car is worth quite a bit more than 30k and I won't argue that one bit. With all my mods and still having way more miles than you (27k) I wouldn't take anything less than 25k.

oldmodman

Established Member
+1

You would be better off returning back to stock, selling parts then selling car.

This ^ is the best possible answer.

You might get 28 to 30K for the car. The 3.5K for the blower, fuel system 600 to 800 depending on what all you have. If you can put the stock heat exchanger back on the car then you will have that to sell too. Leave the clutch in it since it's a pain to exchange. Stock exhaust to reinstall. new one should bring you back another 3 to 5 hundred. It all adds up.

Users who are viewing this thread