Another what vehicle thread? Something larger with a decent tow rating.

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
How much is the new edge sport with the 2.7 ecoboost rated to tow?

Not sure, probably out of my price range however.

I have a 2010 BMW X5 diesel
Picked it up at your budget and it gets 19 city with 26 highway and tows 6,000 lbs
It has amazing torque

My girlfriend really wants me to get one of these, but I don't want to deal with the upkeep costs.

starnsey

Established Member
I haven't, as I don't think the size would be adequate. I think I am heavily leaning towards an 11-12 grand cherokee overland.

Interior size should be about the same as a Grand Cherokee. Turning radius is quite impressive and the ride and interior are super nice.

nxhappy

Established Member
99-2002 F250 diesel. Greatest diesel motor, ever. Decent MPG, and will tow ANYTHING.

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
Interior size should be about the same as a Grand Cherokee. Turning radius is quite impressive and the ride and interior are super nice.

I looked them up, and they are very nice, but out of my price range.

99-2002 F250 diesel. Greatest diesel motor, ever. Decent MPG, and will tow ANYTHING.

While I love these trucks and have had one, it wouldn't be a good choice for hauling clients around it, which would make me have to purchase another car, and have two insurance premiums.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Being in real estate I'm not certain an older diesel truck will be the best bet. I know I wouldn't want to be riding around with my realtor in an old stinky oil burner. I know a couple realtors and I think OP will agree with me that choice of vehicle is more about what the client wants than what the realtor wants.

That's just something I'm thinking off the top of my head, otherwise a used early 2000's F250/350 would probably be a great bet here.

How much towing capacity do you need? My wife and I love our 2014 Grand Cherokee. It's just got the 3.6 in it which still has a towing capacity of 7500 lbs. It also runs on 85 without issue and returns fuel economy of low 20's in town and about 26 on the highway. It's also comfortable, competent in all weather conditions and has plenty of leg room for large adults in the back.

nxhappy

Established Member
you can't have towing with great MPG lol, they don't mix. A f250 diesel will get you 20 mpg. Same as a Jeep with way better towing capacity.

If you want to tow anything serious, you need a v8 or a diesel.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
you can't have towing with great MPG lol, they don't mix. A f250 diesel will get you 20 mpg. Same as a Jeep with way better towing capacity.

If you want to tow anything serious, you need a v8 or a diesel.

or a twin turbo V6

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
I am heavily leaning towards the Jeep. 7500# is plenty. The most I will be towing is a 20 foot center console.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
What about a V-8 Dodge durango? Some of them can tow up to 7400 as well. I think the V-6 tows 6500 pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread