Another: what kind of numbers should I expect?

jangocast

Established Member
OK I blew #3 spark plug out of my passenger side head so I decided to just go all out with it. As of right now the truck is stock.

I have been talking to JLP and have come up with a few things.

JLP built block
JLP stage 2 heads and cams
Steigmeier ported blower
JLP intake
JLP thunderpipe
Accuflab single blade TB
8lb lower pulley
2.7 upper pulley
Zex 150 wet shot of nitrous
FTVB and 4x4 pan
JLP dyno tuned

Will this set up be safe or will I have to start with the fuel/ignition mods? Please give me some ideas on what cooling options I got. Now these mods are just the start at this point til I get alittle more money.

Well on that note with this set up what do you think I will run be I get injectors, rails, fuel pumps? LMK thanks guys.

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
Looks NICE!!, but dont you think an 8lb pulley on a ported eaton will blow the snot out of the blower? Littel secret for that nice set up, shhh!!! dont tell anyone, Get a Kenny bell. .. :) wish i had the money for all of that, but im going the opposite route. New blower 1st, KB, and when motor gives up, built motor

Edit, just saw the 2.7 upper, sooo. ahh. LOL,

kromdom

1KWKTRK
Established Member
Not sure if you have done so...but when you phoned JLP and planned out your mods, did they say what #s you might see? Figured they would be the best source to ask ( a lot of their parts plus their dyno/tune)
Easily 450++rwhp and 550++ torque but I am not an expert

Last edited:

jangocast

Established Member
dave do you think the 8 pounder will blow out the SC? I heard the eatons are good till 17-18 pounds of boost.

hehe anyway after I do a few other things like drop, rims, and sound system I am definately saving for the JLP upper plenum and a Kenne Bell.

krom I never really had a chance to ask him but I will sometime. Thanks for the replies..anyone else?

jangocast

Established Member
lol well I figure 450whp+ will be good for alittle while and when that feeling wears off I will have enough money to go for the KB :). But I do gotta have some tunes over this stock crappy system.

Chi3f

Established Member
i'm big into music but 1/2 the time when i'm in the truck i don't even have the radio on. I just listen to the rumble

Users who are viewing this thread