Another Watch Thread

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
I am in the market for a new watch but would like something mid-range for a daily wearer so that I can leave my nice watches at the house. I am looking to spend a $1,0000 and would want to see automatic movement, 47mm or larger casing and preferably a stainless steel bracelet but would be open to a rubber or leather one too.

I have searched through the internet and outside of Invicta I really haven't found much out there that meets my requirements so I was hoping that someone on this site may know of another website that has watch listings or a brand that I can check out. Thanks in advance for your help!

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Not going to get an automatic movement in a TAG for 1k...

I do love my Formula 1 for daily wear, though.

HIonPSI

Established Member
[flamesuit] Tags are pricey for what they are [/flamesuit]

OP I'd look into Oris.

thekanezzi

Established Member
I have two vostok europe watches and they are great. Large and robust, plus not everyone has them.

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
Most Tags are little above that range, but thats my favorite.

From what I can see Tag doesn't make a watch at or above the 47mm casing size.

Check out Tissot.

Also, Watchuseek.com

Thanks, I will look into both.

http://www.luminox.com/watches/land/?watch=A.1861

Retails around $2400, but I found it for $1500 pretty quickly. It's $500 over what you wanted, but a little searching could get you closer. Leather straps though. Good luck.

Thanks, I will look into that as well.

I have two vostok europe watches and they are great. Large and robust, plus not everyone has them.

I like these watches a lot and until I read your posting hadn't seen or heard of them previously. I am definitely going to do some research!

Satyr

Established Member
Second to Tissot...would also look at Christopher Ward and Kadloo. Kadloo makes some really sharp watches and they're a lesser known company, so they don't have the name markup that many brands suffer from. You should be able to find automatics for under $1000 in all of these brands. Hamilton is another brand that has some great pieces.

thekanezzi

Established Member
The vostok europe watches i have are bulletproof. Also, to save to $$, check out the maratac pilot large. If you like a little smaller watch you can check out the poljot aviator. Its 45mm, very classic and comes in many different styles. Not super pricey but a great watch. I have one also. Only problem is its hand wound which im not a fan of.

My next watch will be the helson sharkdiver bronze

jconnor3

Established Member
I really like the Tissot that I have. I get quite a few compliments on it. It's no $1k piece, I think like $650 or something, but I'm 27 and it looks better than most of the old farts watches around the office.

Users who are viewing this thread