Another vote for subframe connectors

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I just added MM sub frame connectors. It firmed up the ride a bit but I am not hearing any pops and weird noises from the back yet. I also have the IRS bushings and Steeda differential bushings. Car still made some weird noises after bushing install but the sub frame connectors sure firmed things up.

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I didn't install mine. I had a local guy do it. Took 2 people 3 hours. I printed out all the install tips off this site from posts and gave it to the guy for homework since he hadn't done a Cobra before. When he did the install he bought a tool, I forget the name of it. It is a drill that looks like a dremel. Saved a lot of time cutting out the old bushings with it.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by fakesnake.com
When he did the install he bought a tool, I forget the name of it. It is a drill that looks like a dremel. Saved a lot of time cutting out the old bushings with it.

tool is a Roto-Zip..I bought one for my install but returned it because I decided that a good carbide bit in my Dremel would work just as well

look at how Ken (KHsonic03) did his with a common gear puller:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=35292

looks like a good method so I'm going to try doing it that way myself :beer:

Nino

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
How much was the installation of the subframes? Did you get the ones that start at the firewall and extend all the way to the torque box? Looks like there are quite a few pieces to weld on the full length. Finally, did the shop use a drive up lift or the other kind that supports the car from underneath?

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I got the full length sub frame connectors. Yes, there are a few extra pieces to attach. I had the local muffler shop do it. Cost me $125, had him weld them on, and it was a drive on lift.

Users who are viewing this thread