Another Voided Warranty - Rep Found MM&FF in the Car and Said it Was Raced

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
I also posted this in the Terminator forum...My friend's Mach1 had it's warranty voided because the rep found MM&FF in the car and said that it provided sufficient evidence that the vehicle was raced and/or abused...

Ok, that's not entirely true, but my buddy did get his warranty claim denied for a bad wheel stud (couldn't remove the wheel). The rep found a K&N Aircharger and measured the rear tires...then he threatened to void the ENTIRE warranty if my friend gave him any trouble. What a jackazz...

Anyway, this is from my buddy's thread on the Mach 1 registry:

"Last night a car in the lane next to me nicked a rock in the road (a piece of road that cracked-off actually.) It sent the rock (a big one at that) into my lane. I swerved to avoid it and clipped it.

Well, sure enough, the Goodyear Gatorback blows a sidewall. The rock cracks the rim and I have to limp to the shoulder.

Well, what can I do? Change the tire, right? Nooo..... Apparently some idiot at Ford cross-threaded a lug nut and somehow the stud is now spinning in the hub. I couldn't remove one friggin' lugnut so I can't put on the spare."

Then his follow up post after visiting Ford:

"Well, the Ford Zone Rep came out and said he won't cover it under warranty. I need a new hub, couple of lugnuts and labor to install it. Total should be about $400. No breaks on price of part, no breaks on labor.

I asked why this wasn't covered under warranty and he's claiming that it was damage incurred by impact with the rock. I argued with him about how insanely stupid that was, but he wouldn't budge. I mean, I *clipped* the rock, blew out the sidewall on the cruddy Gatorbacks (on the opposite side of the rim from the loose stud), cracked the rim from landing on the stupid rock, and they're telling me that it's from this impact?

I have to admit that I like the car, but I hate Ford service. I will treat my Mach 1 as if I never had a warranty since it's clear to me that Ford never wants to honor it anyway."

Sux, doesn't it? The rep threatened to void the warranty because of the Aircharger, even though the Aircharger isn't related to the bad wheel stud. I told my friend to pursue small claims after the vehicle is out of warranty.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Damn almost makes me not want to be partial to ford when I purchase my next vehicle.

StreetProvenTQ

Established Member
Hell yeah they have put me through some crap too, but ohwell I guess thats why im modding the car now lol... if it breaks back to what we used to do without warrenty. Make it better than it was!

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Damn that sucks!!!
I had to go into the dealer about a month ago....Mis-fire and the car couldnt really be driven.

Had to take all the evidence out of the car from Drag Racing and accumilating over 60 passes at the track and they didnt dick me around.

Maybe u can talk to ur sales person?

LoneRangers03

Damn. You guys have had some bad experiences. I guess I have a pretty good dealer then. Had an aftermarket exhaust and intake on my '99 Cobra and never had an issue with them. They even replaced my MAF sensor under warranty with all that stuff on. Service manager is a nice guy. Always takes time to answer my questions. Try another dealer, maybe?

CMcCarthy

Established Member
I think that it rests 100% on whether or not your service writer is a jackass. I hapen to have a very cool service writer, so I never get static.

I gotta say, though... If he voids the warranty on the grounds that you have a magazine in the car, you should threaten to sue.

What the hell, if you'd had "4 Wheel and Off-Road" in the car, would he void the warranty and accuse you of mud riding?

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
Well, the magazine part was a joke of course, but unfortunately the rest of the thread was real.

I still can't believe the Rep used the Aircharger as a "bargaining chip" to void the claim on the bad wheel stud. The two aren't even related.

That's really low. It's chicken sh*t!

butlerusn

I had a lug replaced for the same reason a few weeks ago. Luckily, only the lug stripped on my car.

The aircharger is not an issue, for this or any other portion of the warranty. Tell your buddy to go to another dealer and explain the run around or have him call Ford Customer Service.

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
Thanks, but too late, my friend already paid the $400+ for the new hub and labor. This is in addition to the $300+ for the new wheel/tire from tirerack.

FATHERFORD

Established Member
It all depends on the dealership. The one I go to dont care what is done to the vehicle as long as they no it wasnt the aftermarket part's fault.

Several friends with full bolt on stangs have went up there and got warrenty work done. One even through a rod and they replaced it underwarrenty:)

Although when they see nitrous or a blower on the car, they do get a little stingey, which is understandable.

Squeeler92

The dealer has to prove that the airchanger in some way caused the damage to the car for them to void the warranty....or else your friend could definetly bring them to court.

Users who are viewing this thread