Another Voided Warranty - Rep Found MM&FF in Back Seat and Said Car was Raced

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
My friend's Mach1 had it's warranty voided because the rep found MM&FF in the car and said that it provided sufficient evidence that the vehicle was raced and/or abused...

Ok, that's not entirely true, but my buddy did get his warranty claim denied for a bad wheel stud (couldn't remove the wheel). The rep found a K&N Aircharger and measured the rear tires...then he threatened to void the ENTIRE warranty if my friend gave him any trouble. What a jackazz...

Anyway, this is from my buddy's thread on the Mach 1 registry:

"Last night a car in the lane next to me nicked a rock in the road (a piece of road that cracked-off actually.) It sent the rock (a big one at that) into my lane. I swerved to avoid it and clipped it.

Well, sure enough, the Goodyear Gatorback blows a sidewall. The rock cracks the rim and I have to limp to the shoulder.

Well, what can I do? Change the tire, right? Nooo..... Apparently some idiot at Ford cross-threaded a lug nut and somehow the stud is now spinning in the hub. I couldn't remove one friggin' lugnut so I can't put on the spare."

Then his follow up post after visiting Ford:

"Well, the Ford Zone Rep came out and said he won't cover it under warranty. I need a new hub, couple of lugnuts and labor to install it. Total should be about $400. No breaks on price of part, no breaks on labor.

I asked why this wasn't covered under warranty and he's claiming that it was damage incurred by impact with the rock. I argued with him about how insanely stupid that was, but he wouldn't budge. I mean, I *clipped* the rock, blew out the sidewall on the cruddy Gatorbacks (on the opposite side of the rim from the loose stud), cracked the rim from landing on the stupid rock, and they're telling me that it's from this impact?

I have to admit that I like the car, but I hate Ford service. I will treat my Mach 1 as if I never had a warranty since it's clear to me that Ford never wants to honor it anyway."

Sux, doesn't it? The rep threatened to void the warranty because of the Aircharger, even though the Aircharger isn't related to the bad wheel stud. I told my friend to pursue small claims after the vehicle is out of warranty.

Last edited:

CWCobra

Established Member
Next thing we know, Ford will void the warranty if the car is actually driven. Driving the car = proof of "abuse"

jerks

Later,
CW

Bill Reid

Established Member
...just try to get the parts you need if you have to fix it on your coin... I never seen such a cluster F when it comes to parts sales. We are trying a new local dealer to see if Ford is really that screwed up when it comes to correct part sales. We have endured a 70%, let me repeat, a 70% WRONG PART delivery rate to our shop. Give these bone heads year and model and they still can't get it right. Something is VERY wrong with Ford parts distribution and/or documentation. Perhaps this is why service advisors are so defensive when it comes to warranty coverage? Perhaps they know its going to become a nightmare internally to locate correct parts? So they shiat on the consumer?

:shrug:

BIGGESTJOHNSON

Established Member
Alot of dealers STILL like to play the "modified car = retail" game. Not all of us dealers are the same. Check around your area for a better dealer, this is getting to be absoloute BS, and making alot of us at dealers look like a$$ holes. Besides, you could always show him the add with the blue mach smokin the tires and say you just wanted your car to look like the one in the add

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Not a problem here in MI, maybe in AZ parts dept. employees don't have a clue. I guess its the luck of the draw in getting a knowledgeable person behind the parts counter.

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
The crock is that if my buddy had any clue that Ford would deny the warranty, he wouldn't have brought to them in the first place.

Neither of us could believe the Ford Rep would use the Aircharger as a "bargaining chip" to deny a claim on a defective wheel stud.

That's chicken sh*t!!!!

If I ever have to bring my Cobra in for warranty repair, I'm swapping wheels from my 5.0 so those mindless wonders called "Ford Reps" can't measure tire use.:fm:

Last edited:

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Bill Reid
...just try to get the parts you need if you have to fix it on your coin... I never seen such a cluster F when it comes to parts sales. We are trying a new local dealer to see if Ford is really that screwed up when it comes to correct part sales. We have endured a 70%, let me repeat, a 70% WRONG PART delivery rate to our shop. Give these bone heads year and model and they still can't get it right. Something is VERY wrong with Ford parts distribution and/or documentation. Perhaps this is why service advisors are so defensive when it comes to warranty coverage? Perhaps they know its going to become a nightmare internally to locate correct parts? So they shiat on the consumer?

:shrug:

Boy ain't that the truth. From what I have seen since 06/02, the Ford parts system is a mess. And even when calls are made to the so called parts experts in Dearborn, those clowns don't have a clue. Its just terrible. The way Ford is going, they will all be out of a job within
10 years unless some other unfortunate company buys them out.

BIGGESTJOHNSON

Established Member
was it actually a Ford rep?? or just a service advisor? BIG difference, but true that it is chicken sh!t, i was thinking horse, but chicken will do. I have had a few cross threaded lugs when doing services on various Ford vehicles.

Chucko

Palindrome
Established Member
Show them a copy of this FORD "dealers only" document.

TYPICAL MODIFICATIONS THAT MAY CAUSE WARRANTY DENIAL

Some non-Ford modifications that may cause damage to the vehicle for which warranty protection might be denied include:

Power chips or unauthorized re-programming of the module that modify the original powertrain calibrations, supercharger or turbo-charger installations, under drive pulleys to engine front accessory drives, transmission "shift kits," low restriction air intake and filter systems, low restriction exhaust systems, Nitrous Oxide systems (gas engines) and Propane systems (diesel engines), final drive axle ratio changes, alterations to fuel systems and wiring harnesses.

WARRANTY DENIAL

Although the installation of these non-Ford parts and after-market modifications, by themselves, will not void the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, failures of the vehicle's engine or transmission or other components that are the result of these parts and/or modifications may result in a denial of warranty for the Ford component that failed or damage that results.

Users who are viewing this thread