Another Vibration question

LandShark

Established Member
Ok, I have had the vib problem from day one. Had the driveshaft replaced about 2 months ago, didnt fix the problem. This week the local dealer replaced the rearend. As I drove home today I gave it the 90 mph test, that didnt fix the problem (seemed even worse). You can feel the vib in the car as you get over 85 and you cannot see out the rearview mirror at 90. Does anyone have any new suggestions? Am thinking about a strut tower brace, would this help?

Thanks,
LS

pgordon

Established Member
I have some slight vib @ 50, not enough to shake the mirror. At 80+ it seems very smooth. The car only has 5.5k miles so things might get worse.

crimecrusher

Established Member
I've read that you need to request the drive shaft be indexed. Don't know what that means, but what I've heard here.
I test drove a new 10th aniv model last weekend and it had the vibe yall have been talking about. I could feel it in the seat, sterring wheel and the rear view mirror vibrated so much you couldn't see out of it. So, I guess this will be a problem with the '04's too.

LandShark

Established Member
JT

Thanks for the info, that is a good link for vibration information! I guess I will begin the process. When my 03 cobra cant drive on the hiway as fast as my 01 Screw, somethin aint right!

Thanks again!

LS

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I've had two new dealer installed driveshafts and a rear end replaced. Still vibes. Taking it in to a different shop this week to get it taken care of, see what they find. I'm going to forward them the washer idea, but I'm sure a drivetrain shop can figure things out on their own? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread