another tko 600 question

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
I am wanting to swap out my broken t 45 with a tko 600.. I need to know from you guys that have done this... what am i needing to complete this task... another question would it be wise to do this on my own with the help of friend that knows what he is doing... or get a shop to do this....thx vick!!!

ps. the shop i am talking to said everything that i need to complete the task would cost 3959.00 labor include, also includes, a spec 3 clutch fot 334.00 an a alum flywheel for 339.00 an the tko will cost 2269.00 an the rest that i would need.. i would like some personal input from the expericend guys about this sutitation... if i should do it or just pay the shop....I am betting that i would save some $$ if i did it myself!!!

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
i was wondering.. is it true that tko 600s arent good for our cars because they dont like to rev high? i heard this somewhere and would like to know from you guys without saying it again or whatnot...

sorry to hijack vick

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
shipping is only 60.00 for evrything labor is like 500 for evrything to

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Yes you should be able to get it cheaper than that.
And stage 3 is overkill but its your car.

You will need this so you don't move the crossmember
http://secure-order-area.net/paulsh...age=510680&type=&frame=&cart_id=2318555_17418

If you do move the crossmember you will need to install a 1&1/4 plate between the tranny mount to keep the pinion angle corrct.

You also may want the Steeda DS spacer.
Many have done without this but the TKO is a little shorter than the T45 so the DS doesn't go in as far.
Tremec recommended this when I did mine, had never used it before then on any others and had no problems though.
I only did it on mine because Tremec recommended it.

Last edited:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
^^ I agree

Spec 3 is way to much for a N/A or even boosted street car.

A Spec 2, or a Centerforce Dual Friction would be fine.

Albino Snake

Established Member
I just ordered a TKO 500 from Sean Hyland for a lil bit over 1,700.00 shipped. I chose the TKO 500 for a few good reasons, i could utilize the expensive aluminum flywheel and Spec clutch I bought! The TKO 500 is a great tranny for a broad amount of applications. The TKO 600's input shaft is different which means different size clutch and flywheel (added expenses!) that are really unneccesary if you ask me. If I were going to get rid of my aluminum fly wheel Spec clutch(with less than 500 miles on them) I would just go to a T56. I think the TKO 500 would be a good choice not to mention it would save you some cash. COBRA's:rockon:

Last edited:

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
albino are you getting someone to install yr tranny.... or doing it yrself?? thats something i am debting right now... doing with a uncle that nows what he is doing or let a shop install everything...

thx vick

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
That price is WAY nuts.

We sell them for almost $500 below that price you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread