Another tire thread

thunder21

Straight Cash Homie
Established Member
I am getting ready to buy some tires and need help deciding. I have a stock truck and do not go to the track. I just need some tires that will last and still have good traction on the street. This is also my daily driver and I live in Indiana so I get all the weather anyone can think of, so the tires need to perform well in rain and snow. Thanks everyone.

lightning25

SEANSVT
Established Member
for a long lasting tire i could go with the nitto 555's. i had them over a year on the rear tires and had no visual tire wear.

Only thing i noticed was BAD TRACTION! i had a few close calls.
Now i have MT ET streets. I have about 10,000km's on them, about 30 track passes and i should get at least this summer out of them.
I have also driven in light rain with both tires with no issues on the hiway.
I also don't do burnouts at every corner.

Sean

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
for what you describe you cant beat the hankooks in the stock size. there are way more options if you run like 20"s or something bigger...

04SVTFORD

Established Member
Currently I have the Nitto 555's all around and liked them much better than the Goodyear F1's. To me they seem to be a little softer of a compound which will aid in traction but detract in the tires life yet I have over 12,000miles on the nittos and the fronts are still great (the rears not as much due to smokiness). I am looking forward to getting the Nitto 05 drag radials for the rears this spring/ summer as I have been happy with the 555's. As far as weather performance is concerned I dont drive my truck in the snow (or in the winter with salt on the roads) and rarely drive it in the rain but the times I have driven it in the rain it has handled flawlessly as long as you are responsible with the throttle.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
NTO5's are getting great reviews. 555's are great as well. My current truck came with Toyo Proxes. They still look new, work well in the rain, and hook okay.

TrueBlueBullitt

Established Member
i am looking for some tires to i have the goodyear f1s and there to soft of a tire to me. I only have about 9000 on them and there almost bald! I am looking for a harder tire that way when i spin i dont have to buy a new tire.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
When I got the truck, it came with Hankooks, it last me for two years. I DD mine and its my only vehicle. I recently purchased the Toyo Proxies II, so far so good. I got them on Ebay for $700 free shipping from a tire company in NC.

TrueBlueBullitt

Established Member
another thing is i have a 10.5 wide rim what size would best fit with out taken my quad shock out i streched 275 over the rim and have no pertection

tistan

Established Member
Don't get nitto 555r, the sidewall will dry rot before you hit 20k miles. I don't race my lightning or drive it hard, and I have had two sets do this. My cobra had 555r when I bought it, and it did the same thing sitting in the garage. The 555r on my cobra were around two years old and had maybe 6k miles on them.

oilwell1415

Established Member
Both my truck and my wife's car came with F1's. We both now have Nittos; 275/40/17 555's on hers and NT-05's on mine. Overall I think the Goodyear is a better all around tire, but they are pricey. Can't speak to the other brands. I have driven cars with them installed, but not enough to really say anything.

Gringoloco13

Established Member
Hankook for all season, they have a better wear rate than the nittos (will last longer) and get better traction in rain, snow, ice, etc. Nitto's are great for summer tires, but can get loose in rain and I would not recommend driving with them in snow!

SvtRacing

Established Member
whatever you do dont buy them shitty ass f1s. never buy anything built by goodyear because they suck. Me personally i love the toyo proxes. I run them on the front of my truck and DR.s on back. I have 34k on the proxes on the front and they have never been moved to the back. They have 70% thread left. Although they have stopped making the proxes in my tread pattern and i will go with the nt555s next. I wouldnt have nothing buy Dr's on the back.

Users who are viewing this thread