Another Tablet sale: BlackBerry PlayBook

Fuerza

Established Member
$299 across the board.

BlackBerryPlayBook - RIM US

Not as good as the HP Touchpad last fall, or the new Kindle Fire but that is a huge price cut! I was reading about the Playbook online for the past hour and it just can't compete right now with the cheap tablet deals. This price cut should be filtering down to online sources, Amazon has cut their prices, but Bestbuy hasn't yet.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
They were $200 at multiple retailers on Black Friday. My friend just picked one up on clearance for $200 from Staples a week ago.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Anyone who buys a RIM product needs their head checked. RIM's marketshare is near rock bottom and their new products have no innovation. I expect the will be gone in the near future.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Anyone who buys a RIM product needs their head checked. RIM's marketshare is near rock bottom and their new products have no innovation. I expect the will be gone in the near future.

Lol yeah, thats gotta suck because pre-iPhone/Android they were top of the smartphone game.

Theyre getting phased out by most corporations that are switching to iPhones or Android devices.

BlackBerry lol. Shouldve hopped on the full touchscreen phone bandwagon but instead they thought it would be just a fad and stuck ot out with the tactile keyboard and clit like trackball.

Makes you wonder what the next step is....

ViciousJay

Established Member
Lol yeah, thats gotta suck because pre-iPhone/Android they were top of the smartphone game.

Theyre getting phased out by most corporations that are switching to iPhones or Android devices.

BlackBerry lol. Shouldve hopped on the full touchscreen phone bandwagon but instead they thought it would be just a fad and stuck ot out with the tactile keyboard and clit like trackball.

i giggled like a school girl :lol1:

mysterio

Established Member

A year ago, their stock hit $70 per share. It's been downhill ever since, and now trades around $15. Not a good sign. If it wasn't for their govt contracts, they might be roadkill.

aaandht

Established Member
That's actually a shitty deal. The 16GB were at $199 not too long ago.

BTW playbook will be able to run droid apps come February.

Say what you want about Blackberry, but I hate HATE HATE touch screen keyboards. My torch is great, touch screen for certain things, but I still have they keyboard to write out emails. Besides, I hate buy products made in China.

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I like my Blackberry, much lighter than an I-phone and takes some good abuse. They have a touch screen model I believe as well now.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member

Clit like trackball.... lol

Fuerza

Established Member
They were $200 at multiple retailers on Black Friday. My friend just picked one up on clearance for $200 from Staples a week ago.

I did read about that, my understanding is that the big sale on the 64/32GB models should create demand for the product and filter down to the 16GB model. Supposedly the sale will only last 30 days till Feb 4th. We'll see what happens after that. I think they will price cut them more after that.

Users who are viewing this thread