another supra goes down

Orange Peel

Established Member
Missed the local car meet tonight so I take my son to dinner and we were leaving and come over the freeway and my son hears this loud obnoxious sound , Fart cannish and I look over and see a white supra I believe it was had a pointed nose with black trim not positive though, but was positive that it was turbo'd and not stock as I hear his BOV as he's trying to meet me at the light, turns green right then and were rolling in third about 30-40 and I hear him down shift it and the turbo started spooling and he nails it, I nail it and ride 3rd and start pulling away slammed 4th and pull even harder (bunch of car lengths)on him and decide to slow down in a hurry, he roll's along side us and gives the peace sign, and I ask what size turbo was in there , he just say's a big one ( holding his hands in the air about 12 inches apart, I then say most guy's don't realize these are supercharged and he say's YEAH I could hear it big time, My son looks over and say's "High 5" dad we beat him and I grinned and said we sure did, the guy then decided to take a hard left and go a dfferent way looking for a new kill, this was the wildest race I have had so far, this car was a sleeper, but I think we woke him up, well more like Knocked him out.....:banana::pepper::banana:

SCalla1384

Established Member
Only reason I asked how old ur son was, is because Id never race with my little brothers (11 and 9) in the car. Thats stupid and ignorant.

Orange Peel

Established Member
How olds your son?

He's 9

Anyways good kill, Supras dont f*ck around. They crank out 700hp pretty easy.

Thanks, I remember when I was in my 20+ a guy I worked with had a supra with all kinds of mod's and I had a GTA and thought I had a fast car then he whipped me badly, sold the gta and bought a GN, equaled the playing field.

Orange Peel

Established Member
Only reason I asked how old ur son was, is because Id never race with my little brothers (11 and 9) in the car. Thats stupid and ignorant.

You are correct, It was over quickly and my son said dad no more races tonight and I said yes no more races, he likes the car but fears the power feeling and I suppose he's right.....

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Op good kill....

I know kids racing dirt bikes at 5+ depends on the training of what to do. My stepdad raced his ford when I was 5/6 w me in car. Sure stuff can happen but you let kids drive a racing dirt bike vs other kids. They go plenty fast even a 50cc.

A cobra is 10 times safer than that imo and or a 56 ford. Last time I raced w my stepkid in the car, he threw up, now it's only my wife and dogs now and then for a short burst.. He's a wuss w the n2o on...

Mikey org gt500

Established Member
Nice kill...
I dnt like to street race, but man I never had a better time than my dad banging gears in his 93cobra and me sitting shotgun!

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
In before all the self righteous dipshits come in here and lecture you on how your being a irresponsible parent LOL.

Good Kill! Don't let it get to you though some of those supra's can be sickening fast especially from a roll.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member

I sure hope you dont do ANY streetracing then (and yes I've been known to do so). Remember there's always someone elses kid driving beside you if you race on the street.

Orange Peel

Established Member
I sure hope you dont do ANY streetracing then (and yes I've been known to do so). Remember there's always someone elses kid driving beside you if you race on the street.

Yes , it was a not so safe decision, the road we raced on is 3-4 lanes wide and it was a very short race, not like I ran it to 100+ or a 1/4 mile, my son is the no-fear type usually on most things but I think the roar of the cars and the s/c whine and the instant car shifting around was unsettling for him, I wish I could've had someone taping it, it would of been a fun video to watch, as I think this guy, thought oh look a mustang , and my souped up sleeper is gonna take him down, 2 minutes later he's thinking Holysh#t what was I thinking:lol1::lol1::lol1:, he didn't waste no time after the quick conversation to exit left right away to either get away or find a weaker car to pick on :lol1::lol1:.

Knew that was coming from somebody:bored:

Yes everyone is entitlted to there opinion, it just kill's me to hear this and actually think that they NEVER EVER did anything remotely similar to this even if it was by themselves. This would also include doing stop light, dead end, out in the country, burnouts.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
eh dont shoot yourself in the foot, fathers have been racing with their sons in the cars since the dawn of time.

exdeath

Established Member
How olds your son?

Anyways good kill, Supras dont f*ck around. They crank out 700hp pretty easy.

Supras are like Terminators, they are grossly exaggerated. Mostly because of the fact that they ARE easy to get power out of, but not THAT easy.

Some would have you think a FMIC, intake, and boost controller would have you getting 700 HP just like swapping a pulley on a Terminator gives you 700 HP...:nonono:

One difference though is that the Cobra will be doing it on pump gas when you catch that Supra with a empty meth/n2o bottle running a low boost pump gas tune :)

And there is nothing wrong with an experienced driver hitting the throttle through a gear or two and putting a smile on a little boy's face. A quick straight line blast when it's clear then backing out of it is a bit different from the teenagers that stay in it and swerve in and out of traffic at triple digits and think they are invincible.

Last edited:

SCalla1384

Established Member
I wasnt lecturing him, and I agree about hitting the throttle and letting your son enjoy the car. Personally, I just think racing is a differant story. If he got pulled over the cop would have busted his balls.

My bad though, dont mean to lecture you. Good kill homie

Orange Peel

Established Member
I wasnt lecturing him, and I agree about hitting the throttle and letting your son enjoy the car. Personally, I just think racing is a differant story. If he got pulled over the cop would have busted his balls.

My bad though, dont mean to lecture you. Good kill homie

You were right the cop would've busted my balls seeing as I haven't had a ticket in probably 10-15 years. It was a quick blast, long enough to show the guy that he wasn't going to win this race today.

I didn't feel like you were lecturing me like I said everyone is entitled to there opinion. I wish my dad( Parents divorced when I was 9yrs old) would've hotrodded with me, he never had hot rod's or muscle cars, but I did have mini bikes and dirtbikes that I rode the piss out of and crashed at least a dozen times. Maybe that's why I do these things as a way of venting what I missed as a kid (psycho-analyzing moment......Done)

XSIV_BOOST

Banned
Yeah,, Supra's can be made crazy fast..

Heres a couple vids of my buddies supra..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEcLMw6DPho"]YouTube - Justin Chirico's Single Turbo 1200 HP Street Legal Toyota Supra[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z9ceQs51xM"]YouTube - 1200RWHP SUPRA on the street[/ame]

Last edited:

Orange Peel

Established Member
Yeah,, Supra's can be made crazy fast..

Heres a couple vids of my buddies supra..

YouTube - Justin Chirico's Single Turbo 1200 HP Street Legal Toyota Supra

YouTube - 1200RWHP SUPRA on the street

That car is badass, this one wasn't quite that crazy but the sound it made got my attention, I had gn's and the turbo's and there setups are unique and when you hear a certain sound(s) you know stock from a BOV to farty exhaust.

Hell that guy would've sucked the cobra in and spit it out as he raped me.

Users who are viewing this thread