Another stupid boost question.

98cobbe

Established Member
Vortech T-Trim 6.9 crank with a 2.95 made 16psi @ 6500. Now I have a 7.5 crank pulley and thinking about switching to a 2.80. I know I will be over spinning the blower, but would that be too much for the T-Trim? I know the max level for the T-Trim is 25psi. Would that new combo put me around there? Thanks.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
I dont know Vortech all that well, but i dont think you will get anything more than 22 psi on our motors with that head unit.

i really think you will even have a hard time getting 20psi with that new combo.

NITROS COBRA

Established Member
Vortech t trim is 55,000 rpm

7.5x3.14=23.55
2.8x3.14=8.792

23.55divided by8.792=2.68x3.42(step ratio of t trim)=9.1656x6000 rpm shift=54,993 rpm. 7 rpm from max

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
It's not about boost its about what the max impeller speed of the T-trim is. IF you overspin it it's out of its efficient range and will be creating more heat than anything..

lukabrozi

SVT *****
Established Member
yet another stupid question

What do you do with all of that power? I mean, if you have a 500-600 hp Cobra and don't take it to the track or race on the streets, what do you use it for?

Is just having the 500-600 hp number something to talk about at a car show or a gathering if someone should ask?

Is taking it to the track 1-4 times a year enough to justify the money?

I realize "if you have to ask then I shouldn't have one" but it is something that I would really like to know.

Also, how do you explain the mods IF you get stopped for something?

01yellercobra

Established Member
What do you do with all of that power? I mean, if you have a 500-600 hp Cobra and don't take it to the track or race on the streets, what do you use it for?

Is just having the 500-600 hp number something to talk about at a car show or a gathering if someone should ask?

I realize "if you have to ask then I shouldn't have one" but it is something that I would really like to know.

For some people it's about having the number. Other's like having a fast car. Me, I like having the power even though I may not use it very often. You only have to explain if you get asked. I got stopped a couple weeks ago and all the cop asked me was who did the work on my car. I told him I did it all and then he handed me my ticket.:rolling:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

:bored:

Rhetorical questions.

98cobbe

Established Member

I asked that question to see if I will be maxing out my T-Trim. What's the point of asking me that question when it has nothing to do with power or money. I bought the car and set some goals and I'm trying to see if I have to upgrade my blower or not. IF you don't have any helpful information stay out of my thread.

cobraxstrike

Banned
26psi max dosent mean anything, its all about the blower rpm period. for instance if you had it on an engine that flowed less air and there would be more restriction which would possibly give you a max of 26 psi with out overspining it, for example i can only make a max of 16 psi with my t-trim without really overspinning it, this is just because there is less restriction of air.

correct me if im wrong

Users who are viewing this thread