Another STI goes down.

rmgtc01

Established Member
So I was coming back from the gym today and noticed a white car weaving in the traffic behind me. I get to the stop light and what pulls up is a white STI with the huge wing. He keeps staring at me all hard, so I am like what's up. Light goes green and we are off. He got a slight jump off the line, but not for long. I got some new Nittos and they hooked. He was ahead in first, then I power shifted 2nd. Pulled hard through second and by the time I shifted to third I had about 4 cars and pulling. Took it up to 120 and it looks like he gave up when I looked back. Brutal...
I slowed down to the speed limit, and thought it was over. I was wrong.
He wanted to run from 50..so a 3 honk and away we go. Big mistake on his part. By the time I hit 100 i was like 6 cars on him.
I believe it was stock, so not bad. He loved the car and gave his respect to the snake. And then I watched him do the ricer fly-by. :shrug:

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
Are you sure it was a STI? If it is then DAMN great kill, if its not still a great kill. I dont like em but i hear my friend nagging about them all the time and they are quick lil son of a guns, thought itd be closer

PoisonSnake

Banned
Good kill. What kind of Nittos do you have? How do those Nittos do well on the public roads? If you hit the brakes hard at high speeds they won't slip will they? It seems that these tires really make a big difference.

3000ways

Established Member
Black96SVT said:
Are you sure it was a STI? If it is then DAMN great kill, if its not still a great kill. I dont like em but i hear my friend nagging about them all the <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=56">time</a> and they are quick lil son of a guns, thought itd be closer

STi is a quick car, but stock for stock 03/04 Cobra should pull on a STi, a modded Cobra should definitly pull on a stock STi.

Last edited:

Bootbox

Established Member
Shifting the WRX is an interesting task. I doubt the other guy was tearing ass through the gears powershifting.

I love the Sti and everything but the Cobra is faster $ for $ and I'd put my money on the average Cobra driver being a better driver than the average Sti driver. Of course 6 cars by 100 from a 50 roll, might be a bit off. 3 cars is still a long way.

:)

rmgtc01

Established Member
SVT316x said:
Good kill. What kind of Nittos do you have? How do those Nittos do well on the public roads? If you hit the brakes hard at high speeds they won't slip will they? It seems that these tires really make a big difference.

Just got the Nitto 555 extremes radials, not the drags. I have seen alot of guys hook very well with drags, but I like to rotate my tires and I am not sure how the DR's do in the wet.
But ever since I have got them the wheel hop has dissappeared in the dry and I can get of the line like it was my old GT. I mash 1st, and they stick!! :pepper:

rmgtc01

Established Member
Bootbox said:
Shifting the WRX is an interesting task. I doubt the other guy was tearing ass through the gears powershifting.

I love the Sti and everything but the Cobra is faster $ for $ and I'd put my money on the average Cobra driver being a better driver than the average Sti driver. Of course 6 cars by 100 from a 50 roll, might be a bit off. 3 cars is still a long way.

:)

I was pretty surprised as well, but the guy said he had just got it...so maybe not beating on the tranny too much yet. That is also why I believe it was stock too. I was power shifting through 3rd, and my tires were sticking.

rmgtc01

Established Member
Black96SVT said:
Are you sure it was a STI? If it is then DAMN great kill, if its not still a great kill. I dont like em but i hear my friend nagging about them all the time and they are quick lil son of a guns, thought itd be closer

I am sure. I have raced a few before that were not stock and it was alot closer. Got killed off the line and beat before, mainly b/c of crappy tires, but from a roll it was definitely more than a few cars in my favor.
Sweet lookin car and the AWD off the line has got to feel good.
He wasn't surprised when I won, he just saw the cobra badge and wanted to see. Car still had a temp tag on it.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Good kill! The STi's are nothing to sneeze at even bone stock, and they respond really well to mods. The last one I ran did 11.8 @ 116 :uh oh: and we've got a rematch in 4 weeks.

rmgtc01

Established Member
treynor said:
Good kill! The STi's are nothing to sneeze at even bone stock, and they respond really well to mods. The last one I ran did 11.8 @ 116 :uh oh: and we've got a rematch in 4 weeks.

Nice!! That must have been a beast.
But, it still feels good to win, even if it is bone stock.
I have seen some STI's and Evo's around here that look pretty mean, but have not run into them as of yet.

Trey, make sure you get that on Video for the loyal following. :beer:

breasner

Established Member
The sti's are quick but its the heavly moded wrx's that you have to watch for they are the real killer with the 2.5 instead of the 2.0. Nice kill btw.

breasner

Established Member
the wrx is the 2.0 my bad but the sti is a 2.5, but from everything i've heard and read the wrx still turns out to be faster if done right and plenty of cash, maybe i'm wrong i dunno

Users who are viewing this thread