Another Stereo Question

kidlightning5

Established Member
Hey guys, do you think I should do one of two subs? I'm leaning towards two 12's, but how would you wire that. Any info would be great. Thanks

skipthedrummer

Established Member
I used to run one dual voice coil pioneer 12" behind the passenger seat, but it wouldn't sit flush.

Get the mtx box with the 2 10's in em. Plenty of backpressure, and there tuned for that box. Get an amp thats actually rated (RMS only, don't compare peak numbers) to what your subs can handle, and it'll be more than you need.

lightningkylej

Established Member
I run a pair of 10" JL Audio W0's in a series in a custom box with a kicker 250.2 wired to a single channel. It took alot of work to get the system setup to where the subs had enough volume in a sealed box but didn't take any of the leg room away (I'm over 6'6" tall) and still allowed me to stand my two 10lb nitrous bottles behind the passenger seat. You could put your amp where I had my bottles. I have my amp under the passenger seat.

x_man586

Going to UTI
Established Member
I have 2 Punch 1's 10" in a box with exactly the right amount of air space running off of an Alpine 400w mono amp. It hits very hard. I have the bass turned down to a -5.

Users who are viewing this thread