another step in the right direction...

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
l_98c51eb521728e80aebe038f8f418651.jpg

l_3cd2c920462b1c0561b18566339d2b29.jpg

pulled the motor out on monday night. Gonna take it somewhere to have all the internals transfered over to the new block and have the heads looked over...i was hoping to get some cams for the car, but i had some other stuff that took priority over my finances...

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
the side of the block was broke (the ear, right below the starter mount). And becuase of that, my bellhousing would not pull flush against the block, therefore causing my clutch, and transmission to be misaligned. and that is why, i think, i've been killing input shafts and shattered third gear out of my Tremec.

SOOO! i bought an 01 block and going to have everything transferred over to the new block :)

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
sorry man, just those. its pretty simple, though. just start pulling all the hoses, coolant lines, vaccum lines and the big wire loom. the big wire loom is attached on the passenger side in the back of the engine compartment right under ;the hood hinge. its much easier if you just pull the entire loop out of the car. then pull the fuel rails, pull the upper and lower intake. disconnect the battery cables, pull the serpintine belt off, unbolt the AC compressor (bottom of engine on passenger side - 4 bolts) then unbolt the PS pump (bottom of engine driver side 3 or 4 bolts) one bolt is a pain to take out cause there is a pipe running right behind it. Take the top of the radiator resivoir off, unbolt the motor mounts and yank it out....

took me about 2 hrs to pull all the connectors and wires and drain fluids. took about 2-3 hrs to finish getting everything else off and pulling it out of the car. i was amazed at how easily it came out.

Users who are viewing this thread