Another SRT-4 goes down to A 5.0

427' Cobra

Honda Sucks
Established Member
I have an 5.0 stang (Mods are in my sig) and I was driving and I came up to an Srt-4 I didn't do anything but as I came up next to him. He kept making his blow off vavle go off. Then we down shifted to 2nd gear. I honked, he got the jump and pulled a car on me, then 3rd I started to pull on him by the end of 4th gear I had a car length on him. From a dead stop I would gotten him more then just a car. I don't know what he had but everytime he would hit a gear the car would backfire so i'm guessing he's not on stock boost. My first SRT-4 kill I'm happy. I ran a stock one he had nobody in the car I had my friend and I smoked him

Last edited:

427' Cobra

Honda Sucks
Established Member
atlvalet said:
So with those mods, what kind of whp does that translate to?

I'm not sure. I never got the car dynoed and it's not tuned yet.

And about the pics yes i have some but i have to get my scanner fixed but the car looks like shit i mean it need a new paint job and a new hood

sleeper look

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Good runs man. And that backfire is just wide open throttle shifting (this enables you to hold boost inbetween shifts just like an automatic transmission would).

I say auto holds boost inbetween shifts because my 88 300ZXT was an auto and it would hold 8psi all the time. I hold 15psi in my little skittle when I WOT.

REPCobra10

Established Member
Nice kill. You do have to watch out for some of them though. I live in South Florida and there is a number of them trapping 120 mph+ at Moroso.

SRT-4 Turbo 7: Do you know the best mods bang for the buck for the SRT-4 for a newbie to the vehicle? My brother just got one and is wondering what he should get. Any advice would be appreciated.

BLUBYYOU

beep beep, hi!
Established Member
bang for the buck?

hmmm.

turbo-back exhaust
wastegate
boost controller
fuel return line
map clamp
safc
tune

this should all run maybe around $1500, and net around a 60-80whp gain. :thumbsup:

this is one of only many options tho.

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
BLUBYYOU said:
bang for the buck?

hmmm.

turbo-back exhaust
wastegate
boost controller
fuel return line
map clamp
safc
tune

this should all run maybe around $1500, and net around a 60-80whp gain. :thumbsup:

this is one of only many options tho.

I would add to that list:

Motor Mounts
traction bars
BFG Drag Radials on the stock rim

Putting this list a little under 2k and that skittle trapping around 110mph.

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
REPCobra10 said:
Nice kill. You do have to watch out for some of them though. I live in South Florida and there is a number of them trapping 120 mph+ at Moroso.

SRT-4 Turbo 7: Do you know the best mods bang for the buck for the SRT-4 for a newbie to the vehicle? My brother just got one and is wondering what he should get. Any advice would be appreciated.

If you want plug and play with adjustability no tuning or drivability issues, get a stage upgrade from mopar. I would tell you to get stg 2 with toys, drop in K&N for the stock air box, and then a turbo back 3" exhaust. You will have a mid to low 13's at 104-106mph car with just the stg 2 kit, even with a crappy driver. Check it out stage 2 with toys, and look at the dyno graphs for it, he'll fall in love with the car all over again. :thumbsup:

REPCobra10

Established Member
Thanks for all the input for the mods for my bro's SRT-4 guys. It's much appreciated. I'll let him know this list of stuff to check out first.

427' Cobra

Honda Sucks
Established Member
SRT-4 Turbo 7 said:
Good runs man. And that backfire is just wide open throttle shifting (this enables you to hold boost inbetween shifts just like an automatic transmission would).

I say auto holds boost inbetween shifts because my 88 300ZXT was an auto and it would hold 8psi all the time. I hold 15psi in my little skittle when I WOT.

I powershift when i race so do u think he was powershifting?
If so i'm surprised because because most people don't

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
427' Cobra said:
I powershift when i race so do u think he was powershifting?
If so i'm surprised because because most people don't

Yes he was powershifting. I also powershift when I race.

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
KB22Cobra said:
SRT-4's are for homo's.

HAHAH your too funny. Some of us choose not to spend 35k on a brand new car for the plain reason that we did not have it. Hence me: Just graduated college and it was time for a change. I had a 1990 300ZXTT with 434rwhp it was fun but it was also 14 years old at the time when I sold it. So I got a quick grocery getter, and a bike. The two payments add to $302 a month. Still cheaper then buying a brand new cobra, and yes I priced out both.

Car 21,000 out the door (helps knowing the owner of a dodge dealership)
06 636 8,900 out the door.

Now I have 2 toys and I still saved 5k over buying a new Cobra.

To classify us all as Homo's just makes you an ignorant prick who must have been picked on in middle school and high school and is now driving a fast car to make up for other things. I feel very sorry for you buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread