Another SN-95 Vortech Heat Exchanger Upgrade

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Hey guys,

I finally figured out why my coolant tank kept running dry on my after-cooler set up.
My stock heat exchanger was completely busted and draining out the water/coolant!

I got a nice big heat exchanger for an '03

70778b52ae6b646b326ee822e45785fb.jpg

and studied the walk throughs provided by 98SaleenCobra and StangBanger856.

I custom fabbed up some new brackets based on the other retro fits and the shop is finishing them today.

Assuming the car is in the shop tomorrow I will post pics of the install tomorrow evening.

Very excited for this upgrade. Dyno numbers coming shortly after the install as well.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Uhh super confused as to why you mounted it that way... That is going to get such little air flow like the stock unit..

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Yea flow is super similar to the stock unit. It's got some tilt, will see if we can get more. But fog lights and everything is still intact. More what I was going, definitely happy with the install

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'd be interested to see if it does anything for lowering IAT's.. My buddy Pete has a Afco 04 Cobra heat exchanger and fogs still

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Yea same here. I'll post data from upcoming dyno session. Have an obd tool as well but not sure how accurate that will be

Last edited:

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Just the way I fabbed up the brackets for minimal cutting and drilling on other parts. I would disagree. The core on the new one is significantly thicker and the surface area much larger. Even in the stock position I expect to see a sustained lower temp.
322171ba63522548feaf1fe28aea0c60.jpg

Here's a side by side with the old one. Just may be that the old one was in such bad shape, but the car is running well and not seeing any drop in boost levels.

Users who are viewing this thread