Another satisfied Valentine Performane customer

bnmestrouse

COBRAd
Established Member
I want to send a well deserved thanks to "Big John" Valentine for making upgrades to my car, which was NEVER going to be modified.

After much pressure from JP, Sean, John V., Postban Dave, Doug of Billetflow and others telling me I don't have the strength to hold out, they were right, I caved.

Thankfully, they were right.

I decided to go the bolt on route, full Bassani exhaust, pulleys etc. and SCT tune, frame connectors, shifter, diff. brace, etc., again with much advice from John V., JP, Sean, Postban Dave, and Doug of Billetflow.

Of all the mods, the MM full length connectors are my favorites. They really make a difference on the Michigan roads, and overall feel of the car.
THANKS TO POSTBAN FOR THAT ONE. Good Advice!

John did a great job and got the job done on time, allowing for the slow shipment from Bassani, offset by the more than quick shipments from Billetflow.
If anyone needs some work done, or modifications made, I would recommend John (Valentine Performance) to anyone, just as JP recommended him to me.

The proof is in the pudding as I went out Saturday night with some MCT guys and the place they met up was OK, but I noticed a lackluster race mood. I think it had something to do with my newly "nopped up" car and the fear it induced in the crowd!!

Anyway, Thanks John, the car always fun to drive, but I have to admit, it's more fun now.

I don't want to hear anymore I TOLD YOU SO's from anyone. I'm humbled.

MCT is a great club and as a member that does not work on my car the membership proved valuable, for the advice, and work performed by John.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Sounds good Brad, glad you like them. [subliminal]port the blower[/subliminal]. I always like simple reinforcing mods. [subliminal]bushings, bushings, bushings[/subliminal]. Makes the car feel sturdier and you sense more control. [subliminal]dyno tune[/subliminal].
Enjoy, be safe.

bnmestrouse

COBRAd
Established Member
I feel like I'm being pulled towards another parts house, almost in a subliminal way.

Actually a dyno tune was already something I may do, but at this point it sure seems to be running strong with the tune put in by John.

Now, I hope the voices leave me alone.

T.Bone

Established Member
bnmestrouse said:
Now, I hope the voices leave me alone.

That's not going to happen as long as you hang with postban. :poke: :D

Now that you have the extra power there is no going back. congrats on the updates.

CobraSVT657

Established Member
Dynotune? I'm confident that the Lund Racing/Valentine Performance tune is plenty.. I've seen a PHP dynotune at 666rwrhp,throw down a 605rwhp on a dyno the same day Vector threw down 642rwhp with less mods.. but he did have a ice box that works :read:

By the way B-rad..... Thanks for the props,, I'm glad your happy :beer:

And a BIG :beer: to Doug at Billetflow for the promt shipping on ALL the orders.. your the man :rockon:

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
CobraSVT657 said:
Dynotune? I'm confident that the Lund Racing/Valentine Performance tune is plenty.. I've seen a PHP dynotune at 666rwrhp,throw down a 605rwhp on a dyno the same day Vector threw down 642rwhp with less mods.. but he did have a ice box that works :read:

...snip...

:bs: lmao at the bolded text :lol: because it is WRONG:loser:

the 666 was STD and the was a Jerry Wroblweski returnless tune, I have always made that clear, car was 620 SAE from PHP

ya wanna put the rest of the details in there? or do you even know them :bash:

23 degrees of timing on 104 octane and 19psi and a guy that tunes his own car -vs- 17.5 degrees on 93 at 18psi and me with plugs gapped all over hell. No excuses, just facts. That was the setup on Gary's dyno.

It was not stated that is was a Lund tune, I know he is a competent tuner. I know Jeff likes that guy, so does Jason Roth.

Regardless, has the a/f been checked with a wideband or sniffer? What pulley is on it?

bnmestrouse

COBRAd
Established Member
I really have the bug now. I just put a deposit on one of John Forces' used mustangs.

If I put brake lights and high flow cats on it will it be street legal/driveable?

The voices are getting louder, and the Postban always rings twice! JP is no better though. He is always ready to upgrade someone else since he is done with his monster.

CobraSVT657

Established Member
postban said:
:bs: lmao at the bolded text :lol: because it is WRONG:loser:

the 666 was STD and the was a Jerry Wroblweski returnless tune, I have always made that clear, car was 620 SAE from PHP

ya wanna put the rest of the details in there? or do you even know them :bash:

23 degrees of timing on 104 octane and 19psi and a guy that tunes his own car -vs- 17.5 degrees on 93 at 18psi and me with plugs gapped all over hell. No excuses, just facts. That was the setup on Gary's dyno.

It was not stated that is was a Lund tune, I know he is a competent tuner. I know Jeff likes that guy, so does Jason Roth.

Regardless, has the a/f been checked with a wideband or sniffer? What pulley is on it?

My bad,,, I guess I didnt know ALL the details :read: ... :rollseyes

Congrats on your new combo Dave.... it sure is sexy

Last edited:

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
bnmestrouse said:
JP is no better though. He is always ready to upgrade someone else since he is done with his monster.

Just pointing you in the right direction! ;-)
I want you to be happy with the mods and feel confident driving with the new found power.

JP

CobraSVT657

Established Member
Toledo area MCT members have the fastest and quickest times,, and possibly the highest HP numbers..... I could be wrong,,, could someone verify, I want to make sure my facts are straight. :read:

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
CobraSVT657 said:
Toledo area MCT members have the fastest and quickest times,, and possibly the highest HP numbers..... I could be wrong,,, could someone verify, I want to make sure my facts are straight. :read:

Out of all of us, Vector has the best times that I know of. Us MI guys are trying to get up there. I will hopefully be running a 10 tonight if all goes right. As far as HP...I would venture to say that it is about even.

CobraSVT657

Established Member
Go get um WhippleCharged Sonic.... should be a decent day to get some good passes... Let us know how you do,, I would like you to ripe off a 10... We all know it can be done :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread