Another satisfied seafoamer

SVTRob

www.Stangology.com
Established Member
Just got done doing the Seafoam treatment. I am really glad I finally got around to doing it. The smoke-show wasn't as bad as I imagined, but that may be because it was kinda windy tonight. I sucked up the entire can through the PCV hose and waited 30 mins. even as it sucked it up, there was quite some smoke. Car has 75000.

I do feel a slight increase in power, but the reason I am glad I did this is because the cars revving is INSANELY smoother. Real cheap way to improve your performance and how your car feels while accelerating. I'll be doing the physical cleaning of IMRCs in a month or so, so we'll see how bad they look.

Just another satisfied SeaFoam user.

Rob :)

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
i did it on my car with 115k miles... did not seem to do too much of anything... GREAT smoke show... guy tried driving behind me down the street... was like some 007 getaway shit.. but u know he was pissed as hell....

when done it did seem to idle smoother and im sure cleaned the insides better, i didnt get to drive it while being done,.. but it does idle smoother and seem to run a little better... so for the $$ u spend on it, its worth it...

audioqueso

Established Member
Isn't seafoam the same as pouring a bit of water in the TB and revving the engine to kinda do a 'steam clean' of the engine?

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
It is if you do it while the engine stays running, but letting it sit for 30 minutes with the engine off lets the solvents clean up the combustion chambers/valves of carbon.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
raven69david said:
Congrats on the seafoam. I wish it was as easy to do on a windsor-based motor as it is on a mod motor.

It is, I just remove the brake-booster vacuum line and put it in the bottle. It's almost easier.

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
RippinSVT said:
It is, I just remove the brake-booster vacuum line and put it in the bottle. It's almost easier.

+1... I have a 94 GT and a 98 Cobra... and its just about the same process on both... hehe...

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
audioqueso said:
Isn't seafoam the same as pouring a bit of water in the TB and revving the engine to kinda do a 'steam clean' of the engine?

yes, though the method is different. its better to use a spray bottle with water rather than just "pouring in the TB"

Jettsaleen281

UT at Austin
Established Member
i did it about a year ago, loved it. I'm about to do it again. This time, at the college apartments... can't wait to see the look on people's faces that express "OMG, wtf is wrong with his car? it's going to blow up!"

crazycarlo

Established Member
So this seafoam treatment, is it a replacement for cleaning the Imrc's? Would it do any good to clean them first then seafoam. Im kinda curious. Im looking to buy a 98 cobra and the seafoam was one of the first things i have planned for it.

94_302

Established Member
I did it in my 94 through the brake booster and now I notice I have an exhaust leak and a really weird clicking sound sometimes under light acceleration at low speeds. But it worked fine on my Marauder so who knows.

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
Hmmm....so through the brake booster huh!?! Can you break it down further. I don't wanna disconnect the wrong hose and then i end up blowing up my motor. :rollseyes

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
It's the only 1/2" diameter hose that run from the intake manifold to the brake-booster (big-ass drum thing on the firewall. Pull off the booster side and stick it in the can and use the process I described in the sticky.

Users who are viewing this thread