Another satisfied Magnaflow owner

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
Let me start out by saying this system looks AWESOME just sitting in the box! The mufflers and tips are shined to a mirror finish.

The installation was as I had anticipated....aligning the tips required some bending here, some pulling there, and some cussing thrown into the mix. The finished product is well worth the fight. It looks great.

As for the sound, my first impression when I started her up was "Where's the beef?" I was a little bit discouraged with how quiet it was, but as soon as I pulled out into the street and gave her some gas, I found the beef. It is music to my ears. I can't keep my foot out of it now :nono:

I will take some pics of the car maybe tomorrow when I get it all shined up.

Overall, I am very pleased with this system :beer:

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
I agree! Great system. I installed mine 10 days ago and I haven't turned the radio on or rolled up the windows since. It sounds even better now with a couple hundred miles on it.

MongoCobra

Established Member
me too- put them in last weekend. anyone know what the hp gain is?

x pipe is next

XFIRECHIEF

Established Member
Magnaflow or Bassani cat back system? Which will give me a better sound? Understand that the Mag. is just the mufflers? Does either one include the X pipe? New to this so please explain the difference?

Thanks

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Where did you guys buy your Magnaflow catbacks from? What's the general price range? Who's got the best price? I'm looking for one too!

Thanks.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Forbidden Snake
Where did you guys buy your Magnaflow catbacks from? What's the general price range? Who's got the best price? I'm looking for one too!

Thanks.
You just missed a group purchace. Cat-back and catted x-pipe shipped to your door for $740.

kassman

Established Member
Agreed that the sound is awesome! Seat of the pants improvement to boot. How did ya'll deal with the minimal clearance between pipes and rear plastic facia?

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
not to flame or anything, but which system do u guys think will give you more power, magnaflow or Rob's system?
thanks

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by jmir018
not to flame or anything, but which system do u guys think will give you more power, magnaflow or Rob's system?
thanks
I'd think Rob's 3" system would be better once the blower is replaced with something larger, IMO.

anyheading

Established Member
I had my MagnaFlow catbacks installed by Magnaflow to set a base line for stock cars. In stock trim, the dyno run was 361HP and 364TQ. After installation the dyno run showed 387HP and 378TQ. The sound is fantastic! The wife thinks it's a bit loud (it does sound like a NASCAR when accelerating) but it definately is much better than stock and it is much more willing to rev freely. I haven't heard any other systems yet, but I'm very pleased with Magnaflow. I also think if you do a search on this site, you'll find Magnaflow produces as much if not more than any other system available. :beer:

SB 03

Established Member
I just installed my magnaflow 2 days ago, seems a little quiet, but I only have 152 miles on the beast, and haven't stomped on it yet, but love those big tips coming out of the back. For aligning them, I used a long screw driver, placed a leather glove between the tailpipe and found a steel area and pried the tailpipe over, just the drivers side needed to be moved

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Anyone else here have any difficulties w/ the right side pipes? Mine seemed a bit on the short side. I could only fit the pipes (on both ends) onto the muffler about half way to avoid having the tail-end piece from hitting the IRS. (The section of the tail-end piece that runs perpendicular to the car would be too far forward and bump into the IRS if I pushed the pipes completely over the small pipes on the muffler.)

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
Originally posted by Black2003Cobra
Anyone else here have any difficulties w/ the right side pipes? Mine seemed a bit on the short side. I could only fit the pipes (on both ends) onto the muffler about half way to avoid having the tail-end piece from hitting the IRS. (The section of the tail-end piece that runs perpendicular to the car would be too far forward and bump into the IRS if I pushed the pipes completely over the small pipes on the muffler.)

No problems like that for me. Just the usual exhaust tip placement :shrug:

haskett

Established Member
Originally posted by anyheading
I had my MagnaFlow catbacks installed by Magnaflow to set a base line for stock cars. In stock trim, the dyno run was 361HP and 364TQ. After installation the dyno run showed 387HP and 378TQ. The sound is fantastic! The wife thinks it's a bit loud (it does sound like a NASCAR when accelerating) but it definately is much better than stock and it is much more willing to rev freely. I haven't heard any other systems yet, but I'm very pleased with Magnaflow. I also think if you do a search on this site, you'll find Magnaflow produces as much if not more than any other system available. :beer:

How do these results compare to others that have installed this system ? Maybe I missed it, but I cannot find any good before and after dyno runs with this.

How is the drone with this system ?

Cobra'03

Established Member
I liked the CB alone, but the catted X just made the sound so unique - sounds like a Ferrari with balls. No fitment probs, but I did tack weld the system to avoid any shifting, and used Torca clamps such as Bassani/Corsa use.

There is a resonance in the 2200 rpm range I could do without, but with the window open it is fine, and I can live with the drone to have that great "Amuricun V8 with Euro class" sound.

I did not like the full Bassani - too loud, and too burbly for me. Sounds like a Chris-Craft. JMO of course. Your results may vary.

Users who are viewing this thread