Another Question about BAP install

1yellowstang

Established Member
Sorry for the question I just want to know for sure. I have searched for well over an hour with no exact answer. I am not doing the wiring upgrade right now. Just not doing it. But anyways when wiring up the BAP the none fused red wire going to the DG/YE do I only connect the red wire the the one end of DG/YE wire? And leave the other end taped up? I know the fused wire on the BAP will just be tapping in on the power wire. I just want to make sure that you wire the red none fused wire on the BAP to the connector end of the DG/YE wire going in the FPCM and tape up the other end. Im sure this has been asked I wasn't having any luck finding it without the wiring upgrade and just need to know for sure. Im doing the upgrade just not today and the car has to be running tonight with brand new posi port among a whole other list of things for the dyno tomorrow. Thanks for any input and sorry for beating a dead horse. :rockon:

kingcobra8541

The Dude
Established Member
The BAP is wired inline meaning that you cut the the green/yellow wire running to the FPDM and put the fused side towards the pumps and the non fused side on the FPDM side. The the black is a ground and you just cut down the wire for the hobs switch (big black cable with two wires in it)and wire the two together. IRONTERP has a good how to thread in the how to section. Hope this helps, I didnt get it at first either but as soon as I realized that the BAP was inline in made sense. Just think of the BAP as an amplifier then the wiring will make more sense.

Parts-is-Parts

Established Member
The BAP is wired inline meaning that you cut the the green/yellow wire running to the FPDM and put the fused side towards the pumps and the non fused side on the FPDM side. The the black is a ground and you just cut down the wire for the hobs switch (big black cable with two wires in it)and wire the two together. IRONTERP has a good how to thread in the how to section. Hope this helps, I didnt get it at first either but as soon as I realized that the BAP was inline in made sense. Just think of the BAP as an amplifier then the wiring will make more sense.

Not sure Im following your wording here.

Ill make it even easier.

-Cut the green/yellow wire.
-Fused Red wire hooks up to the Inertia switch side of the cut wire.
-Non-fused Red Wire hooks up to FPDM side of cut wire.
-You can eleiminate the hobbs and dial switches by joining the red and black wires in the looms.

Last edited:

ttk53

Established Member
cut the green/yellow before the fpdm. then the red wire with the fuse gets connected to the end that is coming from the car harness. the unfuse red wire gets connected to the green/yellow that is going to the fpdm. black gets grounded and the hobs switch gets twisted together.

1yellowstang

Established Member
Thanks for the answers I knew it was easy but man thats real simple. Its in the car and already wired but I have to change the one fused wire to the other end that I cut on the Green Yellow wire. Thanks again for keeping it simple. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread