Another Pulley Question

BackInBlack

Established Member
Couldn't find the answer with search. I am running a 2.75 upper and stock lower. Think I am getting a little bit of belt slip. Do I need to get the 4 piece pulley kit from billetflow or can I just use 1 pulley and be good?

TrickStang37

Established Member
only the snub idler is supposed to help with belt slip, the other idlers are because the stock ones have been known to fall apart.

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
I recently seen this on another post with just the upper and snub, and from experience, I had slip with my setup also, that's why I went with the 4 piece Billetflows. You will slip if you don't.

Results for my 2.76 pulley set up with tune

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alright, i got the BilletFlow 2.76 with 100mm snub idler, MAF.ia and tuned by Shawn at AED. the a/f came out perfect pretty much, right at 11.8-12.0. it made 442 rwhp / 453 rwtq SAE or 453 rwhp / 464 rwtq STD. I have a belt slip (going from almost 15# @ 5000 rpm to about 12#'s @ 6000 and then slips to just under 12 by 6400. Also, my fuel pumps were pegged pretty much by 5000 rpm.

what can i do to try to eliminate the slip i have? im currently running a gates (74 5/8") belt. also, what can i do for the fuel? Im not running lean on the topend, which is good.

Fuerza

Established Member
SCcobra4me said:
I recently seen this on another post with just the upper and snub, and from experience, I had slip with my setup also, that's why I went with the 4 piece Billetflows. You will slip if you don't.

Results for my 2.76 pulley set up with tune

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alright, i got the BilletFlow 2.76 with 100mm snub idler, MAF.ia and tuned by Shawn at AED. the a/f came out perfect pretty much, right at 11.8-12.0. it made 442 rwhp / 453 rwtq SAE or 453 rwhp / 464 rwtq STD. I have a belt slip (going from almost 15# @ 5000 rpm to about 12#'s @ 6000 and then slips to just under 12 by 6400. Also, my fuel pumps were pegged pretty much by 5000 rpm.

what can i do to try to eliminate the slip i have? im currently running a gates (74 5/8") belt. also, what can i do for the fuel? Im not running lean on the topend, which is good.

The belt slip is confusing. I thought you needed at stock 75.1 belt for a 2.76, snub idler and pulleys. :shrug:

As far as fuel, get a BAP. It plenty for most applications.

Users who are viewing this thread