Another PBH inlet install, PLUS MORE!!

stutter

eat me
Established Member
Ok so I didn't get a chance to update on all pics and I forgot to grab the dyno sheet before I left, but I am back overseas for a few months and I figure ill post what i got. And if you don't believe me, then so be it, LOL because I don't CARE!!! ANYWAYS....... As always, London Chassis always does all my work and they do a spectacular job, so big thanks to Chad Epperson for getting my car done in a week.

So I saw what a few other people had done and made with the new PBH Kenne Bell throttle body and inlet package, so i was intrigued. I had the following new parts installed on the engine:
KB 168 TB and inlet from PBH
JLT 148mm intake
ID1000s
GULF 105 race gas
twin vortec boost a pumps (20V)
Fore fuel rails
BPS 2.4 upper pulley
Metco Idler
Thump Tensioner
Gates Blue belt from Revan Racing

Parts already on the car:
ATI 10% lower
ARH 1-7/8x3in headers w/ SW catless exhaust

Aftermarket Parts taken off:
JLT 127 intake
FRPP 65 tb

I also had a Tru Trac installed along with Strange axles after finding out I had bent my Moser axles after 6 passes, and some billet motor mounts for less movement.

My former power level with 127jlt, 10% lower, headers, 65tb netted 742RWHP & 780RWTQ.
My new power level with added parts: 826RWHP & 874 RWTQ!!!!!!!!

Here are a few pics, I also painted the SC and coil covers. And you can believe me or not, IDC, lol, Im just posting this for people who are interested, not haters.

IMG_1219.jpg
IMG_1196.jpg
IMG_1195.jpg
IMG_1194.jpg
new engine mounts!!!
IMG_1180.jpg

Last edited:

T3RMIN8TOR

Established Member
Nice numbers!!! I'm at 806rwhp and 840tq, I should be around your power level after I install the PBH combo. I'm still deciding between the 148mm and the 155mm CAI, what made you choose the 148mm? How's the drivability with the PBH setup?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
So, big induction/TB, more fuel and octane, upper pulley for 2 more psi, cold fall air and hotter tune to maximize it?
Sounds about right, but that torque number is huge!
I'm assuming its in STD mode not SAE?
I'm glad I'm keeping my ported TVS combo, seems like the TVS will get me all I need.
-J

stutter

eat me
Established Member
How'd you paint the blower?

Chad at London Chassis painted the blower with high temp paint out of a paint gun.....let it sit overnight in temperature controlled room.

Did you notice any excessive nvh after the motor mount install?

Not really any more noise, but there is a little more vibration......but I would rather have more vibration and less movement when Im flooring it down the strip and shifting....lol

stutter

eat me
Established Member
So, big induction/TB, more fuel and octane, upper pulley for 2 more psi, cold fall air and hotter tune to maximize it?
Sounds about right, but that torque number is huge!
I'm assuming its in STD mode not SAE?
I'm glad I'm keeping my ported TVS combo, seems like the TVS will get me all I need.
-J

Actually, peak PSI is at 20psi even....and thats actually based off of the ford racing gauge, not the crappy electronic gauge. I think it about added 3 psi to be exact. And everyone doubted my torque numbers the first time I did mods when I pulled 742rwhp and 780rwtq. So when I pulled 826rwhp and 874rwtq, I think its accurate now. My car seems to love torque, I can't explain it, but I love it. Also, this was done on the same Mustang Dyno with 3950lbs added to the rollers to simulate road conditions.

carguy19

Established Member
That is impressive! I wonder what kind of numbers you would get with a ported blower.

I did my car with all my mods and then dyno'd it before and after bolting on the ported blower.

My car had a net difference at the wheels of 29 rwhp.

728 vs 757.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Did you notice any excessive nvh after the motor mount install?
I've been using the same motor mounts for a while. You definitely notice the vibration of the engine at idle. While the car is in motion, you don't even know it's there.

Users who are viewing this thread