Another one bites the dust!

StangJason

Established Member
I was rearended today in my 2003 Cobra. Regretfully it probably wasn't even close to totaled, so now I have a Cobra that will be fixed but marred by the fact it has been wrecked. So how much value did my car lose by being wrecked? Also how can I get the insurance to just get me another Cobra and sell mine? Or do I have to get it fixed then total it in another wreck to even come close to getting enough to buy an unwrecked Cobra (if I can even find one)?

THE_STIG

Established Member
If it isn't totaled, insurance will fix it, they will not buy you a new cobra. You would have to flip yours to get a new one. If there is no frame damage and the bags didn't go off, just get it fixed and forget about it.

divided

Established Member
If it isn't totaled, insurance will fix it, they will not buy you a new cobra. You would have to flip yours to get a new one. If there is no frame damage and the bags didn't go off, just get it fixed and forget about it.

This. Although it ALWAYS looks bad on Carfax reports.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
That really sucks. I agree with the above posts. It does look bad on carfax, unfortunetly :nonono:

Blk04Snake

Established Member
That sucks... Ya, the Carfax will be a killer at selling time. First thing I checked on every Cobra I looked at before getting mine.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
i messed up mine and sold it for $18k with 74k on the clock with whatever carfax said. Just be honest, and show pics to the potential buyer if they ask. If they walk cause of a stupid fender bender, **** em.

i got lucky though, i got to get a totally new painted front end that came out perfect, as opposed to it being chipped and dinged from 74k of freeway and daily driving, so it helped resale if anything.

and yeah, i was freaking out the night it happened, thinking i was stuck with the car unless i put down craploads to meet its value opposed to what i owed to even break even, when in reality it didnt matter, even being up-front with the guy that it happened. Hell, that was likely why he didnt mind cause i told him up front.

Last edited:

StangJason

Established Member
You can sue the other driver for the decreased value of your vehicle.

I have to mention it to the insurance company that want depreciation money for the lost value of my car but I'm at their mercy as far as how much. I'm really curious how much at this point and rather defiant as to even wanting to keep the car though the damage looks to be just the plastick bumper and right magnaflow exhaust tip and connecting pipe. The cat back system is $500 through Jegs but maybe cheaper if I can remember who I bought it from the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread