Another Newbie Questions - Seats and VIN Verification

Maxedwell

You guys were awesome about answering my last question - obviously lots of knowledgeable members on here!
As I mentioned in a pervious thread, I'm looking to buy a 2012 Boss and I had a question about the seats so I called a local Ford dealership. Here is the question (which gave me another one afterwards!)

1. Are the non-Recaro seats in a 2012 Boss the same as the '12 GT seats? I'm kinda hoping they are so I can get them recovered in Katzkins!
2. When I asked the dealership this (and he seem conflicted on the answer) he had asked me for the last 8 numbers of the VIN. When I gave them to him he read it as being a GT! Is there nothing in the VIN to identify a Mustang as a Boss? Would he have known if I gave him the entire sequence? Hopefully this car is not a poser! THANKS!

dsp

Established Member
I don't know about the seats, but the 8th place in your VIN will have a U if it's a Boss.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd look for a boss that has the Recaros.....it'll also come with the torsen diff.....I love my recaros.....the first time my wife sat in it when I brought it home she was like....oh wow!!! I need some of these in my car!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chris_302

Established Member
My dealer also has this problem, stating my car shows up as a GT in their system. I'm not a big fan of the recaros, lots of body movement at the track with these seats.

Users who are viewing this thread