Another new guy

GT915

Established Member
I just purchased a base model 2012 Grabber Blue Mustang GT with 7500 miles. This is by far the most awesome car I've owned and is a huge improvement over the last stang I had, which was a 99 GT. The first mods I'll make are new wheels and tires with shorter springs, adjustable panhard bar and new strut mounts. After I'm comfortable with the car and am reasonably sure I'm not gonna have any serious drivetrain problems requiring warranty work, I plan to move forward with some relative basic engine mods that will probably void whats left of my warranty. I'll post a quick pic now just to make sure I know how and I'll post more as I move forward with my plans. I made some "mistakes" modding my last car and will be seeking advice from everyone here to help keep me making more mods I'll later regret. Thanks in advance.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
You have great taste in color choice, GBFTW! You think you're impressed now, wait to see what a CAI, catless exhaust with a tune will do to these cars. Congrats.

GT915

Established Member
You have great taste in color choice, GBFTW! You think you're impressed now, wait to see what a CAI, catless exhaust with a tune will do to these cars. Congrats.

Thats the plan. My intentions are JLT CAI, 3 inch O/R xpipe and either magnaflow competition series or kooks axle back. I plan to have it dyno tuned as well. Actually I plan to dyno it before and after the upgrades to see for myself exactly what my gains are.

GT915

Established Member
gotta love the look of the grabber blue

Yeah, thats been my favorite color since it became available in 2010. Some don't like it as is evidenced by how long it sat on the dealers lot before I came along. Worked out good for me though cuz I got my favorite car, in my favorite color, at what I consider to be a relatively reasonable price. I see you have the lethal xpipe...I have read that some have had problems getting it to fit right. Did you and would you recommend it?

REPCobra10

Established Member
Welcome to SVTP, OP! You'll love the look of your car after you drop it and put some nice wheels on there, brother!

RC-5.0

Established Member
Hi.. and welcome:
These would look GREAT on your stang :rockon:
IMG_7465.jpg

RC

Jedisalami

Established Member
if I was just doing an xpipe I think Id buy on3's piece on ebay.

If I did it all over again I wouldnt have bought my boss/long tubes/etc etc and saved for a paxton

RC-5.0

Established Member

If I did it all over again I wouldnt have bought my boss/long tubes/etc etc and saved for a paxton

I had a couple $G saved up for the LT and intake, but it's in the bank now waiting till next year and going the Roush Route. I thought about the Paxton, but I wanted the instant TQ of the TVS blowers and I like the stock look. The 2200 is not out for good as of yet and is my second choice. I just didnt think that the LT's were worth what you spend for them.
RC

GT915

Established Member

I'd love to have a paxton, but I just got the car and it is completely stock. There is a lot I want to do and a paxton costs more than I want to spend on one mod. For now, new rolling stock, adjusted ride height and an exhaust and tune is all I'm willing purchase. What I need is a winning lottery ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread