Another New cell phone suggestions thread

MTBSully

Established Member
My HTC One M8 may have finally pooped the bed, after 3 years it has served me well. I am on AT&T, and would prefer to stay with android OS as all of my contacts etc are through google. What does everyone have for their phone? Whats the best droid out right now, and if there is a new one coming out, should I wait?

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I am a android nut swinger. I love the S series. I went from an s4 active to my current s7. My advice is to handle and play with the phones that catch your eye and buy your favorite. I would not let keeping contacts alter your decision. It just takes time to swap them over.

i'm not sure which are the newest phones out right now. I just get whatever is out when mine bricks.

bullitt2735

Established Member
Honestly right now is the time to wait a few months if possible. Mobile world congress was a just a few weeks ago and a lot of new phones got announced minus the new samsung phones which will be announced in a few weeks. If you can't wait and want android, go with a Google pixel Xl or pixel.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I know you said Android...but I just switched from a Note2 to iPhone 7+. Loving it so far...but I guess anything would have been an improvement.

bglf83

Established Member
I have a HTC 10, I like it. The OP are right though, wait for a few months and get the fresh stuff.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
The HTC ultra was released Friday. Ive had HTC phones since 08 (Mogul with windows mobile 6) I had a Galaxy s4 for 3 months and two note 7s, otherwise all HTC. The M8 M9 and now the 10 ( which I bought unlocked from HTC after the note 7 fiasco. ) Great phone, cannot compare it to the note since the note was almost 2x the price, but it's a great little phone. I really love the metal...

Sent from my HTC 10

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
**** all these new phones and their shitty non removable batteries and non expandable memory. I'm thinking about ditching my current Samsung and getting an New Note 4.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
If you want android, the Pixel and Pixel XL are the only options to consider.

fmylife

Established Member
I don't think they're very well known but I had a ZTE Axon 7 w/64GB storage and 4GB RAM with the SnapDragon 820 and that was one of my favorite phones. Granted I've only really had Windows phones (currently an HP Elite X3) but I was never a fan of Android devices until I got the Axon 7...even better than my wifes S7 Edge. The battery life was phenomenal!! I was averaging 38-42 hours between charges and had several times where I made it 48-50 hours before hitting 10% remaining life.

The ONLY reason I went back to a Windows phone is because it was decided to not allow Androids on our network at the office or connecting to Exchange. Since they've been paying my cell bill for the last 14 years, I'm not going to complain too much lol!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i was going to go with the Pixel but being on back order for over a month wasnt an option (for the 128gig or whatever it is), I ended up just moving from the iphone 6 to a 6S plus. I didnt see any reason to shell out for the 7

headtiK03

Established Member
The best android right now is the pixel and the pixel xl. I personally have that phone and an s7 for business (I work for verizon). Android just feels so much more light weight on a pixel then the s7. And if you take alot of photos, the camera is one of the best on the market.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
If I were to go with a Droid it would be a Pixel XL. My GF has a regular pixel and it's a nice phone, very fast. Only problems so far are some reliability issues and the battery life is not even remotely close to as good as her old iPhone 6+. But the phone does charge much, much faster.

Gonna keep my 6+ until the iPhone 8 comes out and then shop around. I'm interested in what Google will have to offer.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm holding out for the S8+ at the end of April.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Had the HTC M7 then the S5(which was awful, the microphone did not work, people could not hear me talk. Samsung would not fix or replace with refurbish) then the LG G3 which is a great phone!

After my experience with Samsung and the note fiasco I would not buy a Samsung again with my money.
Check out the new LG G6 coming out next month.
https://www.cnet.com/products/lg-g6/preview/

Users who are viewing this thread