another LT Header question

budguy1967

Established Member
I have my LT Headers in and I used Stage 8 bolts with the tabs...The tabs should hold and prevent the bolts from backing out, correct? I know most of you guys with LT Headers used the stock header bolts, have you had problems with the bolts backing out? How do you retighten them without pulling the K-member again? There isnt any room to get to most of them.

BTW, I am 30 minutes from finishing this job, and the BBK 02 extensions (1676) for the headers dont line up with the tabs for the 02 sensors. Got them from Brothers Performance and they said the extensions should work for 86-03 Mustangs...My new 02 Sensors look identical to my old 02 sensors, so it has to be the extensions that are incorrect. Are the GT's and V6's different? I havent talked to Brothers yet since they are west coast.

Anyone had problem with 02 extensions?

ogc

Established Member
I didnt use stage 8 bolts, I haveno idea if the bolts are backing out or not as its next to impossible to check, haha... Im not worriedabout it though as its no big deal.

Im not sure about the extensions though.

Mhissticobra

Established Member
I had the same problem with the extensions, all I did was ground off the little tabs (things that stick out) on the 02 sensor and plugged them in-no problem. They serve no purpose other than to help line things up and they can't even do that. The clip part on top is what holds them together. I have had no problems with doing this at all. I double checked to see that the wire colors matched up and they did.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I also ground the plastic alignment tabs off. Fit like a charm. As for the bolts, if you installed them correctly they shuld be all right. I used alot of loctite to make sure mine didn't back out:-D

budguy1967

Established Member
I hear loctite does nothing on headers because the heat will destroy it...Hope my Stage 8's work well...I am not pulling these headers again...will cut my passenger side tubes and put exhaust clamps on the next time my tranny or clutch goes.

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
thats why you use hi-temp loctite, i use it on the bolts on my tailpipes, granted not as hot as the heads but still.

c9obr6a

Established Member
I just cut my 02 wires and made them longer soder and heat shrank each one no problems with them or bolts but only have 50 miles on them?

Users who are viewing this thread