Another longtube question..

fordfx584

Established Member
Before I get pounced on I attempted to find a clear answer on the boards but Im still a little confused. Anyways longtubes are going in fairly soon on my 03. To use RTV from the header to gasket and not on head intself yes or no? And I know the second stud in from firewall on drivers side needs to be cut down slightly but what about back stud on drivers side? Will a shaved down stud work here or does it need to be a bolt? I have two diffrent sizes if so that I have read guys used (8mmx25mmx1.25,8mmx20mmx1.25). So which one for stock OEM new Gaskets? And lock washers for any bolts that go in?Obviously i don't want to worry about leaks and drop everything again. Thanks guys!

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
What headers are you installing?

I put a set of ARH on and I used Ford Racing gaskets, no RTV. I used all the factory studs, and I didn't have to shave any of the studs on either side. My headers came with there own gaskets and bolts and I didn't use any of them.

The gain with headers on these cars are pretty minimal, unless you can pulley down and pick up the boost lost cause of the header install. The stock logs flow pretty well to about 650 to 700hp.

fordfx584

Established Member
Not sure of the brand but I got them for a steal off a local site.They are ceramic coated but I can't locate any badges on them.Well when I'm done with the blower swap I'm hoping for 600-625 at the rw's.And I've done everything up front besides dropping the K so I might as well continue.lol So maybe it's brand specific as to what will work.I just know if I get leaks down the road I'm going to start throwing shit out of rage!

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
The reason I asked the brand is, ever set of headers fit a little different, Kooks fit one way, ARH fit another, Mac's and so on. Some require a different steering shaft some require it to be disconnected and routed though the header tubes.

It would be nice to know what your getting in to, I would make sure there in good shape and look at fitment on the head.

Good luck
Kris

hotcobra03

Established Member
I got bbk..

I used oem steel gasket. ..pulled all studs and used bolts..no washers or lock tite...never had issues. Been 12yrs

Users who are viewing this thread