another 'guitar' thread

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Being a musician long before becoming a gearhead, I just started this as an excuse to get some people to post pics of their guitars and rigs. I picked up this Carvin about a month and a half ago and I can't put this thing down! Highest quality axe I've ever played no doubt. For any guitarists in the market for another gitfiddle, do yourself a favor and give Carvin a chance!
DSC00724.gif

DSC00699.gif

DSC00674.gif

DSC00725.gif

Here's the rest of his comrades sitting pretty...
DSC00758.gif

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
nice guitar and half-stack....what model is the Line 6 amp?

you should get your hands on a Les Paul Gold Top (like the one on my sig)
The gold tops feel is just amazing and is the best sounding guitar I've heard :beer:

Last edited:

patRIOTik

Established Member
First post here. Been reading a while, and this prompted me to register :)

This is my setup:

MyRig1.jpg

schect2.jpg

Schecter C1 Classic with EMG85/81 pickups
Carvin Built Start with TBH-60 Pickups
Carvin ValveMaster 100 Head
Avatar G212 Cabinet with Celestion Vintage 30s
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Alesis 3630 Compressor
Lots of pedals and effects.

Being a gearhead deffinatley changed my life around. My garage used to be my jam room, and now it has an 82 Camaro parked in it while I strip out the Posi and Trans. Guitar is lent out to someone, head is in the living room, cab has a torque converter sitting on it :)

Last edited:

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Wow, I got someone to register here. Moderators should send me money or some kind of commission for that. I've tried a few LPs, they just don't fit me and I can't put my finger on why. I LOVE big hollowbody Gretschs though, I really want a Nashville with a bigsby.

And the Line 6 amp is a Vetta I. It was their flagship til the Vetta II came out, but mine's been upgraded with Vetta II software so now it's essentially a Vetta II. The thing is friggin amazing. It's 300w, 74 amp models, 74 cabs, 2 amps at once, 30-something effects w/reroutable chain, double tracker (virtual 2nd guitarist) blah blah blah. The owners manual reads like an encyclopedia. I replaced a Marshall SL-X head with it b/c it just wasn't versatile enough for my tastes.

03Cobra_hopeful

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ?
Established Member
Awesome guys. Those are some nice looking guitars.
I have posted my collection of gitfiddles on here before.
But! Since this is a new thread, I'll do it up once again.

I have a Jackson Warrior WRXT in all black.

I also, have a Ibanez GSR-200 bass.

My acoustic is a Montana (the red one) I mostly just use that to pick and grin a little.
Easy and fun to play.

BUT! My Baby! Is a 1961 Gibson Les Laul Special :D

patRIOTik

Established Member
Kovachian said:
And the Line 6 amp is a Vetta I. It was their flagship til the Vetta II came out, but mine's been upgraded with Vetta II software so now it's essentially a Vetta II. The thing is friggin amazing. It's 300w, 74 amp models, 74 cabs, 2 amps at once, 30-something effects w/reroutable chain, double tracker (virtual 2nd guitarist) blah blah blah. The owners manual reads like an encyclopedia. I replaced a Marshall SL-X head with it b/c it just wasn't versatile enough for my tastes.

Holy shit. My amp has Advanced Volume Management (a knob) 3 Band EQ (3 knobs) and Advanced... place for your guitar to plug in.. technology..

looks like you could put something in orbit with your fscking amp, lol.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
patRIOTik said:
First post here. Been reading a while, and this prompted me to register :)

This is my setup:

MyRig1.jpg

schect2.jpg

Schecter C1 Classic with EMG85/81 pickups
Carvin Built Start with TBH-60 Pickups
Carvin ValveMaster 100 Head
Avatar G212 Cabinet with Celestion Vintage 30s
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Alesis 3630 Compressor
Lots of pedals and effects.

Being a gearhead deffinatley changed my life around. My garage used to be my jam room, and now it has an 82 Camaro parked in it while I strip out the Posi and Trans. Guitar is lent out to someone, head is in the living room, cab has a torque converter sitting on it :)

You have almost the exact same guitar that I just bought a few weeks ago (Ibanex sz520qmbb) How do you like the active PU in that guitar?

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
patRIOTik said:
I love my EMG pickups. They are good and full clean, and unreal with overdrive.

That guitar didnt come with actives originally did it? Where did you put the battery?

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
mike79 said:
That guitar didnt come with actives originally did it? Where did you put the battery?

I have a Shecter C1 Elite...They don't come with actives, they come with seymor duncan designs...they are ok I guess, I don't have much experience with different pickups. I've always just played whatever came in the guitar.

To the guy with the Schecter Classic...How do the actives play in your classic? I've heard that putting them into a Schecter really wakes the guitar up. I would also like to know where you put the battery...and if you did the install yourself. I've been looking at picking up some actives for the past couple months but haven't found any information about putting them in...all I've found is "make sure you have room for the battery". Thanks for any info.

Jordan_J

Established Member
511192.jpg

I have the black Rouge RA 100D dreadnought acoustic guitar. I was extremely cheap 50 dollars new. So I seized one up to see if I would like playing guitar and if I could learn how to. So far I absolutely love it, I've still got a lot of learning to do cause I've only been playing for about 4 months. But my friends told me I'm doing excellent for having been teaching myself. Around December or so I want to buy myself a nice electric guitar but I'm unsure of what I want to get right now.

adamb258

Established Member
I play an ernie ball axis sport and a martin acoustic. Just sold my marshal/peavy halfstack and nwo just have a fender deluxe,

skajake83

far from stock
Established Member
I have an electric semi-hollow dean del sol, an ibanez idianola acustic, ibanez gio electric. I also have a set of CB drums and a MPC with some turn tables. MPCs are fun as hell.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I don't have my camera on me, but I got a Les Paul Custom, Ibanez RGB-250 and a Peavey 5150 Eddie Val Halen Tube amp with a Marshall half stack. :beer:

patRIOTik

Established Member
It certainly does wake the guitar up. Originally the axe had Seymour Duncan SH4s in it, So I tossed in the EMG's. The battery is held in by a small piece of velcro on the inside of the electronics cover on the back of the guitar. Just some of the velcro deal with adhesive on the back. I really love it, only thing is, be sure to unplug the guitar when you aren't using it if you put in active pickups. I have it set up so the input jack acts as an on/off switch, when the cable is in, axe is on, when the cable is out, off.

Sounds excellent. I play through a Digitech XMM Metal Master pedal, and with the combination of Axe, Pedal, and EQ, I can hit most sounds that you hear on a typical Slayer album.

Some people say I'm a ****in moron for taking out the factory pickups as they are so rich and full sounding, as they are. I'm a metal player though, what can I say?

edit: read your post more thoroughly, and yea, I put them in myself. I was going to have a custom guitar built by Shamray (Russian company, EXCELLENT products) but opted not to. Stopped by a Guitar Center in Oxnard just for the hell of it, picked up that guitar, and instantly fell in love with it. My dad bought me the EMG's as a gift, and I decided to put them in just to see how they were. Still got the factory duncans sitting in a box somewhere. Only about 10 hours of playing time on them .

If you ever need any help dropping in active pups, PM me and I'll send you some pics and schematics.

emgpups.jpg

Dropped right in with the factory bezels. Look nice on the guitar too.

Last edited:

RHSPJETER64

Established Member
I've owned 2 GMP's (Hand-made in San Dimas, California.. or used to be) Those are the real deal. Now that GMP got shut down they are going for around $2,500. If you can get your hands on one, do so. I've had many amps ranging from Marshall, to VHT, to Diezel. The Diezel Herbert is THE shit! Best amp ever made, period. Little pricey.. (anywhere from $2,500-$4,000 w/cab).

But I decided I needed more free money, so I sold all my stuff and now I'm playing on a Taylor acoustic with an LR Baggs M-1 Active pick-up, I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread