P0001205
P0001204
P0001207
P0001203
P0001212

Justice

NightEnforcer

Established Member
Insatallation looks nice, but what's all that black plastic stuff that looks like a housing in the engine compartment just to the left of the radiator hose? GET RID OF IT!

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Looks good. Best looking location for it. I drilled some holes in mine for airflow.

terminatd

Established Member
What caveman6666 said watch the airflow, maybe drill holes in the sheet metal if it is solid. Thats why I used the top mounts...less restriction.

2003 Cobra

Established Member
Great suggestion. Thanks for the drawing and pictures. I already was pulled over twice for no front plate. I was lucky and did not get cited either time but my luck may run out soon.

Another Front Plate Fix???

That is the worst possible place to mount the License Plate. That opening is in the front bumper for a reason. With the License Plate mounted there, it completely blocks the Heat Exchanger from incoming air, which as a result will lessen the efficiency of your intercooler. If you don't want to mount it on the bumper the factory way, throw some suction cups on the plate and stick it to your windshield.

I would rather cover one of the headlights with the license plate then the heat exchanger....

justice

Established Member
Intercooler air flow

5.7 Litre eater

The opening is design more than airflow. There is more than enough to maintain intercooler temperature under street conditions and even short competition events such as soloII
If you are in a heavy competition event then just remove the plate, ----- a total of 10 seconds.
Anyway,-- to each his own
Caveman had a good idea if anyone is really worried.
The plate also provides mechanical protection to the intercooler rad.
With just 1500 miles on mine, all highway driving I was amazed at the damage already done to the very delicate cooling fins.

justice

Users who are viewing this thread