Another Easy install -- BMR LCA and panhard bar

1st usa car

Established Member
Sometimes it is too simple --- Used 2 floor jacks to swap all 3 items. Took me 90 mins.

All I can say, I love my Ford. Swaybar was staring me in the face.. probably a 30min project... perhaps down the road.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Try that with a "supercar".

I love the fact that you can get a set of rear brake pads for $70, and install them yourself, on a 600+ hp car. Sure beats $800 Lambo oil changes.

1st usa car

Established Member
Yes, it is a great platform for modding. Many companies doing R&D and they make everything.

Car is performing a lot better with these 2 cheap mods. Before the passenger side would kick out pretty hard in 3rd gear. Now it kicks out about 50% of that but in 2nd gear. Surely I can tune some more of that kick out w/ adjustments to the panhard bar. I'll wait until I get new tires.

Car feels tighter and predictable.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Yeah, I have the same mods out back. There is no wheel hop, and when it does spin, the back end doesn't feel all loose and shaky, as it did stock. Feels really solid, like you said.

railroad

Established Member
Yes, it is a great platform for modding. Many companies doing R&D and they make everything.

Car is performing a lot better with these 2 cheap mods. Before the passenger side would kick out pretty hard in 3rd gear. Now it kicks out about 50% of that but in 2nd gear. Surely I can tune some more of that kick out w/ adjustments to the panhard bar. I'll wait until I get new tires.

Car feels tighter and predictable.

After you get the suspension parts changed out, get an alignment shop to check the thrust angle. This makes sure the rear wheels are tracking the same line as the front. If the front to rear angle of the rear axle is not true to this angle, it will have more tendency to step out side ways while spinning. Look at my sig. Stock parts and tires were suicidal. The rear would kick out so abruptly, without warning, it was just a matter of time and could not enjoy the car. Anyway just check the thrust angle. Enjoy.

BMR Tech 2

1st usa, I'm glad to hear that your install went smoothly and you're happy with your BMR parts! If you ever have any questions about setting up your suspension or you want to know more about our stuff, drop me a line!

After you get the suspension parts changed out, get an alignment shop to check the thrust angle. This makes sure the rear wheels are tracking the same line as the front. If the front to rear angle of the rear axle is not true to this angle, it will have more tendency to step out side ways while spinning. Look at my sig. Stock parts and tires were suicidal. The rear would kick out so abruptly, without warning, it was just a matter of time and could not enjoy the car. Anyway just check the thrust angle. Enjoy.

This is great advice.

1st usa car

Established Member
Trying to figure out my net BMR mods -- swaybars? coilovers???
1st usa, I'm glad to hear that your install went smoothly and you're happy with your BMR parts! If you ever have any questions about setting up your suspension or you want to know more about our stuff, drop me a line!

This is great advice.

455HO71

Established Member
I'm glad someone just did this because I had some questions I hope a few of you can answer. I have BMR LCA's, relocation brackets, adj upper control arm, and driveshaft loop. I already have the BMR adj panhard bar installed as well as already lowered with Eibach springs. I still have the factory SVTPP shocks on the rear. I would like to at least install the LCA's and relocation brackets this weekend and the upper if I can and have time. While everything is off, should I change the rear shocks or can I get away with the factory SVTPP shocks till maybe next year when I change all 4 corners? I'd kind of like to wait until next year as I've pretty much reached my budget limit for this year for car projects!

Users who are viewing this thread