another driveline vibration ?, but different

turbo2300

new svt *****
Established Member
so i read alot of people are having vibration problems at highway speeds, and even my car (with 4.10s) vibrates at 80mph. so somewhere i read try to turn the driveshaft 180* and it should fix it-now the car vibrates at 50-55mph and its butter smooth at 80.. does that point to the driveshaft being the problem?

01bluesnake

Established Member
if that is the only thing you changed, yes. by flipping the driveshaft your trying to find at which point the harmonics from being out of balace don't effect the vehicle. by doing this you can bring them in at lower speeds, or bring it up to higher speeds were you may have perception of the problem being fixed. overall fix is have the driveshaft balanced. a place by me charges on average $50 to do this.

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
a balanced driveshaft or an aluminum shaft is a start to kill the vibe, but you may end up adjusting the pinion angle to reduce it further.

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
I have it where it starts at 60 mph..... and it comes and goes. It is also only under acceleration....

The problem is... I have had every answer under the sun.

Tires out of balance (just balanced on 7/4/09
Need tune up (tuned up on 7/13/09)
Pulley (7/11/09 - and could be felt before the pulley)

Now... it is drive shaft????

Where should I start first

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
if that is the only thing you changed, yes. by flipping the driveshaft your trying to find at which point the harmonics from being out of balace don't effect the vehicle. by doing this you can bring them in at lower speeds, or bring it up to higher speeds were you may have perception of the problem being fixed. overall fix is have the driveshaft balanced. a place by me charges on average $50 to do this.

+1. If you are comfortable removing and reinstalling the DS simply get it balanced to see if that solves your problem. maybe $80.00 if you do the labor?

Users who are viewing this thread