Another Cobra VS LS1

Mr Incredible

Established Member
Just thought I'd post up real quick. I've had my Cobra a few months now, but don't drive it much. Was out driving around the other day and ran across a Firehawk that I had seen at a local car show. Real nice paint job, and quite a bit of engine work. I read the info on his car at the show. He had AFR heads and a TSP cam, I'm not sure the specs of either. He also had a FAST intake manifold and all the supporting mods. Claimed he made 550 rwhp, which sounds a little high for an NA LS1.:dw:

Anyways I figured it should be a good race but I should take him. When he pulled up next to me he had his nose in the air and a cocky grin on his face, but he was ready to go. I heard him open his cutouts, and I shifted down. I was in second about 35. He never looked at me but after a few seconds he jumped me. Got about a fender on me by the time I reacted. After that it was steady pull to about 90 where I had him by about 3 cars. After that he was ready to talk. Pulled back up beside me and told me to pull-over. Ended up being a pretty nice guy. Said he was going to put on twin-turbos this summer:rolleyes:

He also told me I need to watch out for a local Duramax, engine mods unknown. Claims 850 whp and races in 4wd. All I know is he has had the front end and tranny modded (I heard 15 grand in mods:shrug:) to handle the power he's making, and the 4wd launches.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Nice, I agree that 550 sounds a little on the high side, but I have seen those TSP cams make HUGE #'s with a good set of heads. Nice kill.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
Those Duramaxes are no joke, I got killed by one here in FL from a friggin Roll!

The thing was a monster, I finally top ended it, but theres no pride in that.

He was only 700whp, and I was making 450/470. Impressive truck.

rk_2000_Z/28

LS1 to SVT
Established Member
Good kill no matter what, but no way is he pushing 550 N/A on stock cubes...

What are your mods?

Edit: Nevermind, I just looked at your sig my bad!

BayareaSS

Established Member
Good Kill.

I agree that there is no way he is pushing 550 but he had to have alot of power to only lose to you by 3 cars....and you have 647/602!!

Mr Incredible

Established Member
647/602 is the race tune on 104 octane. I'm not sure exactly what I'm making on my 91 Octane tune, but I know it's about 4 degrees less timing, probably only around 600 to the wheels. Like I said, I did let him get the jump on me also.

BayareaSS

Established Member
Mr Incredible said:
647/602 is the race tune on 104 octane. I'm not sure exactly what I'm making on my 91 Octane tune, but I know it's about 4 degrees less timing, probably only around 600 to the wheels. Like I said, I did let him get the jump on me also.

Thats still alot of power. I bet he had almost 500 if you gave him the jump and then you put 3 lengths on him.

Your car sounds like a monster

nevrlift

Established Member
nice kill...hate cocky ****ers, too many where i live.....550 with heads cam, naaa, even with a tsp MS4 or tex giant that sounds way high....unless he had a 402 or bigger bottom end and wasnt telling the truth

Users who are viewing this thread