Another close call

path914

Established Member
With the CHP. This morning on my way to work I was doing my customary 80mph+ on the freeway, when a CHP officer managed to sneak up on me. I took the next exit off and parked in a Denny's parking lot. I did my usual pulled-over routine, turn the center light on, hands on the steering wheel, windows down, polite attitude. And was let go with a verbal warning :rockon:

The cop mentioned that he saw me going 25mph over the limit, but that he wasn't going to give me a ticket because I treated him with respect and appeared to be driving safely.

Third time this year I've been let go with a warning and just last week I got my speeding ticket dismissed. Overall, its been a lucky, but hectic year on the SoCal roads :thumbsup:

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Respect will get people a long way. :)

Might wanna invest in a radar detector. 3 times this year? Whew -- you're walking on thin ice...lol Glad it worked out for you, though.

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
respect has gotten me out of a couple tickets... although the one i got (that i got thrown out without even a court appearence) the cop was being a total dick, i was being nice as i always am to cops, and he accused me of drinking, being at a party, etc.. i finally said "either give me an alcohol test or stop falsly accusing me"... he didnt like that and gave me a ticket for "failure to comply with street signs" because he didnt get me with his radar, and by the time he did i had already slowed down. good to see you've been lucky

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
When in doubt, smile, tell the truth, and NEVER try to bullshit the nice Officer.

It has worked for me more than once ... but then again, I'm a guy.

Did have a suspicion about the wife of an old Army buddy, though ... she was some bar girl he'd picked up and married ... she eventually treated him like shit and left him.

Did him a favor, actually, he didn't have to kick her out.

Anyway, she got stopped for going 85 in a 35 and got off with a warning ... so she said, but I called BS on that one ... more likely she got away with playing the skin flute, but I didn't share that particular nugget.:nonono:

kiesta00

Established Member
The other night a sheriff pulled me and a buddy of mine over for riding 4wheelers on a public road...I'm 19. He put the cuffs on me and said i was only being "detained at the time". We weren't doing anything crazy like riding in peoples yards or acting dumb, we were only riding on a country road that a few people live on at like 10 oclock at night. Then after placing me in handcuffs he wanted to tow the bikes away and he then proceded to place me in the car for like another 45 mins in cuffs. Well my friend's dad got there and i guess he talked the deputy out of bringing me to jail for the night. I dont think jailtime is necessary for only riding a 4wheeler on a lonely back road :(
I got away without a ticket or getting the bike impounded...
What do you guys think of this act? I mean he could have at least given us a warning about riding on the road...the neighbors never complained about it before and then all of a sudden they come with 3 sheriffs and a tow truck and wanted to arrest me...this seems sorta outrageous

Last edited:

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
kiesta00:

He could'be brought you up on maybe $1000k+ worth of tickets, although they won't do that unless they're real dicks. I'd say you got treated pretty harshly, but in the end it turned out ok. When I was 16, I got pulled over for driving my GoPed on a country road. The cop talked about no registration, no insurance, no inspection, no license, no saftey features, etc, etc. Then he gave me a ride home. In the end he gave me a $150 ticket which was dropped to $100 in court.

Users who are viewing this thread