Another Car

99SaleenS351

Established Member
I want to know alot about the 2003 Mach1. I'm really thinking of getting one to add to my collection of 99-04 mustangs. I need to know can you supercharge'em or turbo and if so would i need to get a different breather system or not? :beer:

instantmassege

LS WHAT?
Established Member
www.mach1registry.com over all its not that good of a car, i mean its known for tons of problems with the engine and tranny, it has ALOT of recalls, most of the people that have them regret buying them. For $29000 sticker price people would rather get a slightly used cobra with like 1k on it.
dont even waste ur time and money on the car.

Last edited:

freakshow12

Established Member
instantmassege said:
www.mach1registry.com over all its not that good of a car, i mean its known for tons of problems with the engine and tranny, it has ALOT of recalls, most of the people that have them regret buying them. For $29000 sticker price people would rather get a slightly used cobra with like 1k on it.
dont even waste ur time and money on the car.

are you HIGH? as far as I know most of the guys on the registry LOVE them! what recalls that do not apply to most stangs? the hood paint peeling is the most major to me. they have a tick issue(like cobras) but overall they are great cars with good investment potential. only 16000 or so were made so they are not really that common in most areas. if you like the look buy one. you will enjoy it.

instantmassege

LS WHAT?
Established Member
i was joking, lol, i thought it abvious, machs are great cars i got mine about 7 months ago and now have 30k on it, the only thing i had wrong with it is the tranny. Dealer replaced the tranny, adn its running fine now, just trying to get some money to mod it.

freakshow12

Established Member
instantmassege said:
i was joking, lol, i thought it abvious, machs are great cars i got mine about 7 months ago and now have 30k on it, the only thing i had wrong with it is the tranny. Dealer replaced the tranny, adn its running fine now, just trying to get some money to mod it.

well I was wondering since you have one LOL. the paint fell off my hood so far and thats it. I like it alot though.

instantmassege

LS WHAT?
Established Member
yeah mine is bone stock, and it pulls sooooo hard i love it, mods coming soon though. how many miles do u have on ur car? paints fine on my so far, *knocking on wood*

freakshow12

Established Member
I have about 3000 miles now. got it with only 1600 on it. I have a PHP intake spacer,K&N FIPK, superchips programmer,O/R X and dynomax ultraflows all ready to go on in the next week or so. well the programmer is in already. it pulls good as well. it is a bit soggy compared to my snake though :)

DSGMach

Mach-oholic
Established Member
In case you decide to look for something after the Mach, the 01 Bullitt could be an option. Little over 5500 were made I believe. Really cool car.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I believe there were closer to 13K made, but I will have to verify that one. They made more in '03 than they originally predicted, because of the popularity. Yes you can slap on a S/C. I personally would not go higher than 8 psi (i personally prefer 6psi), because machs come stock with 10.3:1 compression. There are a few FI machs. Most have vortechs/prochargers, but there are a few tubro'd ones.

If you do get one and a bullit, you will have the best Newer collection, I have ever seen. The S351 is by far the best one (IMO), a cobra, Mach and a bullit. Good stuff man.

67bigblock

Established Member
freakshow12 said:
16000 machs for 03/04. what makes mine rare is that it does NOT have the interior upgrade pkg. about 1 in 20 cars do not have it.

I hear ya. But that upgrade is cool. In fact,...I would have liked something even more dramatic like what the 2 - tone anniv. 03 cobra received.

freakshow12

Established Member
67bigblock said:
I hear ya. But that upgrade is cool. In fact,...I would have liked something even more dramatic like what the 2 - tone anniv. 03 cobra received.

absolutely. if I had ordered mine I would have got it. mine was a 1600 mile virgin that a dealer bought for himself. why he never got the IUP I dont really know. all he said to me is he did not like the big headrests. he did add the pedals and stuff when it arrived and a silver trim kit to the inside. I am going to add some red though.

10thsvtcobra

Established Member
I have an 03 Azure blue mach and absolutely love it. I also have an 03 cobra, so I can compare the two fairly easily. I love driving the mach more than the cobra. The mach is procharged with 8 pounds of boost. If you want any more than that I'd beef up the internals. Your S351 is sweet. good luck with your next purchase!!

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
67bigblock said:
There is nothing truely rare about any of these cars from 03-04. However,..I'd get a Mach. Get an 04.

How do you figure? Let's estimate (at 16K total) that there were 8K made each year for an average. How many mustangs did for make in 03/04?? I dont' know for sure, but how does 140K sound (each year)? That is about 6% of production.....that isnt' rare?

Users who are viewing this thread