Another Build Thread

Bad Company

Established Member
Lobe separation has been set with aftermarket secondary sprockets, but if my engine was any example of what L & M does, the primary sprockets aren't modified to adjust TDC. Otherwise they'd have to file the keyway on each of the primary sprockets to make any adjustments. My sprockets weren't modified in any manner to do this when it came apart.

deepblue13

Established Member
FINAL UPDATE:

After several weeks of gremlins the car is fit for duty.

-SCT X4 would not communicate; SCT said it was a firmware failure and needed to be sent it. Had to buy a new X4 while waiting (should have just waited on an Ngauge). Had to get the new SCT working properly with computer since stock tuned stored on a bricked X4.
- The bellhousing RPM Transmission sent with the new TR6060 was found to be for a T56 and clocked at 7:00. I still have not received a new bellhousing but ordered the shop to cut the flange and reclock the bellhousing.
- Went on the dyno for the final tune and fuel pressure kept falling off at 5800 rpm. Checked all the vacuum lines and found nothing wrong. Pulled the fuel hat and found that one of the pumps looked burnt up and the wire to that pump had damaged. Replaced that pump but still kept losing fuel pressure. Shop borrowed another assembly out of another car and held pressure fine. Awaiting Fore to respond on warranty as the assembly is only a few months old.
- Whipple Throttle Body - 168MM would not idle properly; had to order bigger 17x big bore throttle body and worked flawlessly.

So after all the waiting and Kinetic putting the car together over the last week, I will be able to make it to the Texas Mile on Thursday.

Thanks to Kinetik Motorsports, L&M Engines, Lethal Performance, Whipple, and Lund Racing (Jon Lund Jr in particular).

The car made 1141 rwhp and 1061 ft/lbs at 26 psi. I am awaiting the smaller pulley for Whipple to add a few more psi. The tune is safe and that's what I wanted since I still drive it on the street on occasion.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Nice power. Could you post a graph? What RPM did it make peak power at?

deepblue13

Established Member
I'll try to get video posted tonight and graph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deepblue13

Established Member

Dyno sheet is of the second pull. The first sheet doesn't show the data in the upper corner for some reason.

Trying to get the hang of video editing...only my second time attempting to mess with any editors.

Last edited:

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Wow car looks/sounds awesome. Can you divulge on cam specs? Noticed peak was at 6340 which is nice when trying to keep the crankshaft alive with big blowers. So 3.125 10℅ and 26lbs made 1141?

Last edited by a moderator:

deepblue13

Established Member
I am swapping the setup on the car right now...I have been having issues with the 2012 ECM. Might end up going standalone while the car is down before the next Texas Mile in October. I hope to have another update with new adder in the next couple of months :)

Car did run great after Lund worked out some hiccups with the throttle body tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread