Another Apten 03

71stang99

Established Member
Finished installing the Apten today and took it for a spin, needless to say the car seemed more powerful as 1st, 2nd and if I powershift 3rd roast the (stock) tires. from a roll in 2nd at 40 if I punch it the car goes sideways and I dont remember that before, scrared the crap out of my wife when I did it. it was a bitch to install because I tried the torque values to a T and snapped two bolts so I had to replace them and I did it my self but the vacuum connections and such were easy because I labled them with a wiring label decals but putting the Eaton in the car was a pain but overall very pleased with it. I am happy to have done it and when it arrived it was packaged very well. probably as well as the Billetflow pullies I read on the other thread which will arrive on Tuesday along with new plugs, next up another dyno session, tires, HE and tune and HOPEFULLY the 500 club

:beer:

Last edited:

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I may sound retarded, but what is the Apten Eaton? Is it just the Stock Eaton ported out or some sort? Sorry for the ignorant question :rollseyes

71stang99

Established Member
I jumped in and did it during the 'group buy' period to save 50 bucks, they ported the underside where the screws are and the inlet from the throttle body. I think gains have been listed from 30-40 hp

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
83 posts and don't know about the apten? crazy. no flame buddy, just surprised.

Its all good, I knew something would come back to me, I have much to learn, Im still a young one, only 18.

Users who are viewing this thread