Another 2.80 pulley install

Red2k3cobra

Yesterday, I had a 2.80 pulley installed, diablo chip, ngk's tr6 gapped at .40 and a gator belt. So far I have all the parts above a maganaflow catback and K&N airfilter in the stock box with no silencer.

Took it to the dyno yesterday afternoon it was about 92 outside humidity about 90% the car dynoed 430hp 453tq. This was after 4 previous dyno pulls with no cooling off. the air to fuel ratio was very flat it ended at 11.4 I believe at 6,500 rpms. I would like to think Willie Figueroa of Diablo motorsports for his master tuning, and PDI for the pulley.

I'll try to post the dyno charts later when I have access to a scanner. I can't wait until I get a offroad X the stock cats are holding up alot of power

SB 03

Established Member
do you guys feel the a/f ratio is safe at 11.4? Very nice numbers though, what kind of boost were you pushing with the 2.8:beer:

Red2k3cobra

SB:

Willie has done a few 03's that had aftermarket boost guages he is seeing between 12 and 12.5 with the 2.80 pulley. so i figure my car is in that area.

11.4 for the air fuel ration is really conservative you want to try to keep it around a 12.0 at higher rpms. the higher the number the leaner the car is. So 11.4 is really a safe tune, I could of had him tune it a little more but I want to be conservative. but you want your air to fuel to be kind of lean to 3,000 for gas saving purposes and to prevent fouling of the plugs.

coleman

Established Member
so, i posted my dyno yesterday with the same mods bar catback and had 409 HP, 454 TQ ... if everything else was the same (albeit not, but for the sake of conversation), the cat-back should be worth 40 more HP?
i'm very interested to see your dyno, cuz there's been some discussion about my burn being un-safe :(

dallas mustang is adamant that the 2.80 pulley is "4 lb."
after reading a lot here, i've gotten the impression that 2.80 may be 4 lb pully for an L (where 2.93 is stock, right?)

i haven't done the math... help!

Red2k3cobra

Coleman:

I took a look at your dyno I would have them tune it a little more and make your air/fuel ratio a little better, its not that bad but could be better also, I would have them adjust your torque curve where it drops off at 3,000.

you will probably see 15-20 hp with the catback. 2.80 pulley gives 12 to 12.5 pounds of boost 2.93 gives 10-11 pounds. the stock L pulley is actually a 2.91.

I also have the drop off around 6,000 I forget exactly what the tuner told me it was.

46stang

Established Member
The L pulley is a 2.93= 4-4.5lbs of boost over stock(12-12.5psi)
The 2.80 pulley 5-6lbs of boost over 13-14psi! Boost will vary with altitude, weather, mods, etc. Our cars really seem to like 12-1 A/F ratio. which is also pretty safe!

White03Snake: I would probably regap your plugs to 35, I had my stock motocraft plugs and 40 and was getting blowout! I'm sure the ngk's are better, but most of the blower guys I've spoken with agree that 35 works best!jmho.
Oh yea congrats on the numbers!! Pretty good especially for the weather!!
Leon

Red2k3cobra

Thanks Leon
I'll try gapping them to .35 and see if the curve smoothes out at the end, also, i'll put a offroad x see if i can get into the 460's

Users who are viewing this thread