Annoying noise when accelerating with AC on

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
I am ready to pull all of my hair out with my new 13 GT. I just put a little over 1k miles and there's this real annoying noise that accompany my engine noise while accelerating with AC on. The noise almost sound like someone blowing through a straw. I started to notice this noise at around 300 miles. I thought maybe the car needed more break in so I just pushed it to the side but after 1k miles the noise only seem to be getting worst. Overall, the noise is not that loud but in the cabin with all of my windows up and AC on lowest setting you can definitely still hear over my GT500 axle back. Turn the AC off and everything goes back to normal. I also notice what sound like a battery operated kids mini car in low rpm(under 2k rpm) when the AC is on. Anyone have any clue what might be wrong before I make an appointment with the dealer?

Bowtie-X

Established Member
Yes and yes...if the noise is from the sound tube than I think it wouldn't matter if the AC is on or not. This only happens when AC is on.

Sent from EVO 3D 4G using Tapatalk 2

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Ya i was just thinking because when i turn my ac on the rpms go up alittle and maybe if you held it at that rpm with the ac off and see if it made that noise that would narrow it down. I did a quick google search and some people had to get their alternators replaced because of whistiling noises with the ac on.

5.0 with a whistle under the hood - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Bowtie-X

Established Member
Thanks bigmack...that's definitely interesting. The one guy did mention the whistle like noise with AC on and it ended up being the alternator. The other guys seem to be having the noise without the AC on. I also been doing tons of searches and I hear from normal, compressor, to belt and pulleys. One thing for sure, this is definitely driving me nuts, almost to the point it make me leave my AC off in 100F+ cabin.

96svtdriver

Established Member
I am ready to pull all of my hair out with my new 13 GT. I just put a little over 1k miles and there's this real annoying noise that accompany my engine noise while accelerating with AC on. The noise almost sound like someone blowing through a straw. I started to notice this noise at around 300 miles. I thought maybe the car needed more break in so I just pushed it to the side but after 1k miles the noise only seem to be getting worst. Overall, the noise is not that loud but in the cabin with all of my windows up and AC on lowest setting you can definitely still hear over my GT500 axle back. Turn the AC off and everything goes back to normal. I also notice what sound like a battery operated kids mini car in low rpm(under 2k rpm) when the AC is on. Anyone have any clue what might be wrong before I make an appointment with the dealer?

I have this same issue on my '11. I noticed it instantly driving it off the lot with the A/C on. Of course though... three dealers later no one can seem to reproduce the gripe, even though it happens each time I turn the friggin A/C on. It sounds like a high pitched whine that surges with engine speed and I don't hear it with the A/C off either.

Bowtie-X

Established Member
I have this same issue on my '11. I noticed it instantly driving it off the lot with the A/C on. Of course though... three dealers later no one can seem to reproduce the gripe, even though it happens each time I turn the friggin A/C on. It sounds like a high pitched whine that surges with engine speed and I don't hear it with the A/C off either.

This is exactly what scare me..I swear if I take her in for service she will get turned back.

Also, the other noise I described at the end when I said the car sometimes sound like a kids battery operated car must be the same noise when some peoples describe the mt82 transmission sounding like a blender in low speed. Come to think of it, that's what exactly sound like. Mostly when decelerating/accelerating in very low rpm such as when trying to park or going through a crowded shopping center either in first or 2nd gear. The 2 other guys that described the noise to a tee also happen to own 2013 GT over at AFM forum.. what a coincidence lol.

Just didn't realize this mustang make sooooo much freaking noise. Some noise just does not sound natural whatsoever. I don't know what to think of this on a 35k brand new car. I swear my 2011 tremec equipped camaro didn't make any of this noise.

kingnut

Established Member
This is exactly what scare me..I swear if I take her in for service she will get turned back.

Also, the other noise I described at the end when I said the car sometimes sound like a kids battery operated car must be the same noise when some peoples describe the mt82 transmission sounding like a blender in low speed. Come to think of it, that's what exactly sound like. Mostly when decelerating/accelerating in very low rpm such as when trying to park or going through a crowded shopping center either in first or 2nd gear. The 2 other guys that described the noise to a tee also happen to own 2013 GT over at AFM forum.. what a coincidence lol.

Just didn't realize this mustang make sooooo much freaking noise. Some noise just does not sound natural whatsoever. I don't know what to think of this on a 35k brand new car. I swear my 2011 tremec equipped camaro didn't make any of this noise.

Hope you can figure out a resolution man. I had to return my 13 gt due to check engine lights and suspension noise/clunk. Sucks to have a brand new car that has problems and you know the dealer isnt really gonna care because its nothing major to them.

Users who are viewing this thread